Teleport Homer inside a transport

Wolf's Bane

Hi!!

The Teleport Homer description tells it must be in the table the turn it would be used. But if the unit owning the teleport homer is inside a transport, as it can grab an objetive, can use the teleport homer?

Thanks.

My belief on this one is that "on the table" is to refer to models that entered play the turn you are attempting to use a power or wargear item. So, for example, you roll for reserves. You get a scout squad with a teleport homer, and a terminator squad. Even though you elected to deploy the scouts first, their teleport homer does NOT count for the Terminator squad because the scouts were not on the table when the turn began (which is directly before rolling for reserves, I think).

So, going off of that explanation, when you are called upon to measure a distance to a model with a piece of wargear, and he is within a transport, the rules state that you measure to the vehicle's hull.

So, the answer to your question is, YES, you can use a teleport homer within a vehicle, as long as that the squad with the homer did not deploy on that turn (I assume this is the same for locator beacon scout bikers and first turn drop pod assaulters, unless you get second turn?).

I would point you to

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=149088

In a nutshell, there are several specific examples of things you can do in a vehicle, but using teleport homers are not one of them.

(Unless the 5th ed space marine book specificly changed that, I am still waiting for my new codex to come in the mail)

See chaos icons in the chaos marine book for an example of wargear specificly being used in a vehicle, and how it is used from said vehicle.

So, by RAW, it doesnt say you can use a teleport homer in a vehicle.

But if by friendly agreement with your opponent you both agree using a teleport homer seems sensible and inline with the spirit of the new rules, go for it!

The game seems to be moving away from the 4th ed rule that nothing can be used in a vehicle, but until the next rulebook faq we are not there yet.

Archived