Sicarius and Squad

blood_raven_240

I had a thought for my up and coming 1k Smurfs, Sicarius with Tactical Marines. Things I'm unsure of though...

- What Special Rules do they gain?

Refer to the 5th Edition Codex description of Sicarius. Giving out exact rules is against B&C policy, afaik.

- Do they count as HQ, Tactical, or both on my FOC?

Sicarius would count as an HQ slot, and the tactical squad would count as a Troops slot.

However, independent characters that join a unit that has a special rule do not gain that rule themselves. So, if you are attaching Sicarius to a squad, and depending on the choice of skill you make, there may not be any point to it at all.

- Is this a bad idea?

See above. There's good ways to use it, and bad ways.

Yes, and it is the rule that attaching Sicarius is pointless for. If you attach him to the squad, he cannot infiltrate, as he does not gain the rule. Now, if he is deployed apart from the squad he grants Infiltrate to, that's just fine. It was just your use of the word "with" in your original post that made me wonder.

200 point commander in 1000 points might not be the best idea. One fifth of your army in that. I'd say stay cheapish and take Sicarius in 1500 points. Up to you though, and I think infiltrate is the only one of Sicarius's abilities that will actually be useful the other ones don't help very much Imo.

Archived