Deepstrike ?

Well hello all

i have a very fustrating question, im playing a game at the very moment as chaos daemons and when deepstriking, i scattered into enemy and ofcourse rolled the mishap table, now heres the sticky situation, rolled a 4 and my opponent placed my pink horrors into his troops again and claims that them dead now, is this allowed ?

thankyou for your time and co-operation

groo

Yeah, not legal. Opposing troops, like impassable terrain, are not valid options for the re-placement of deepstrikers that had a mishap. Even if he somehow found a loophole, all that would do is provoke a new roll on the mishap table.

But, it's not legal, so make him place them someplace legal.

your opponent can place you anywhere that is legal by the deepstrike rules, and you MIGHT scatter onto an enemy unit, though that is hard to predict. you can't be place somewhere that the deepstrike rules don't allow for, though.

Just to clarify what nighthawks said, the opponent has to place your troops in a legal position and then they do not roll for scatter again.

They can be put into difficult terrain, however, and then have to take a dangerous terrain check when they land.

But they CANNOT be placed on top of an enemy unit as the rules clearly state the only time you may be within 1" of an enemy is when you have assulted/been assulted by them. Black and White, no exceptions, so what you need to do is grab the Rule Book, take a couple of pratice swings and clobber him a good one for being a little sod.

while I think Mal is citing the wrong rule, the deep strike rules, specifically the "misplaced" deep strike mishap, do not allow units to be placed within 1" of the enemy. misplaced units don't scatter, so I was wrong on that part.

Archived