Need help deciding for a 3250p list

Rangeltoft

Hello.

Just a quick question regarding my last elite choice for my 3250p list for a small campaign we are playing in a few months.

Which would be best to include: 2 Priests + 6 Arco-flagellants or a GK GM + 12 sister Repentia(1+11)?

What do you think?

/Cheers Rangeltoft

Hello.

Just a quick question regarding my last elite choice for my 3250p list for a small campaign we are playing in a few months.

Which would be best to include: 2 Priests + 6 Arco-flagellants or a GK GM + 12 sister Repentia(1+11)?

What do you think?

/Cheers Rangeltoft

Why 2 priests? But anyway, Arco-flagellants would be a good idea.

Definitely the priests and arco's. With their T5 4+inv i've always found them to be majorly awesome. And when you do activate their stimms, they can move the 6", d6 holy rage, and if that's not enough, run another d6. In assaults, i've never had them wiped out in one turn, and they've always done more damage than they take.

seems the flagellants are more popular so in they go.

I did some number crunching and if I only take one priest and drop a few upgrades from stuff, I could still get the GK GM, so I get abit of both.

Finally I can finish that list.

Thanks alot guys

/Cheers Rangeltoft

rue, not veryeffective for 60 points, but i would also get 3-4 Power Weapon attacks and the ability to re-roll failed hits.. but i decided to go with the Grand Master instead, since he is better then the priest.

Aslo are Pentient Engines worth it? love the model but would like to know what other people think about them

/Cheers Rangeltoft

Indeed. FA11 SA11 RA10, open topped, with each weapon destroyed result reducing its offensive ability... the second one rather greatly.

First result reduces attacks from D6 to D6-1, and reduces the heavy flamer to regular lfamer. Second result reduces the attacks to S5 and removes the power weapon effect, and further reduces its attacks to D6-2, with attacks always being a minimum of one attack per round.

But, if you get one into close combat undamaged, you can get up to 6 S10 power weapon attacks at WS4.

Indeed. FA11 SA11 RA10, open topped, with each weapon destroyed result reducing its offensive ability... the second one rather greatly.

First result reduces attacks from D6 to D6-1, and reduces the heavy flamer to regular lfamer. Second result reduces the attacks to S5 and removes the power weapon effect, and further reduces its attacks to D6-2, with attacks always being a minimum of one attack per round.

But, if you get one into close combat undamaged, you can get up to 6 S10 power weapon attacks at WS4.

But if you would be able to get like 3x3 of them in your army, then you could be pretty confident that some harm is done. I don't see how most armies would be able to stop that in time. Also, any other units would be pretty free to aproach the enemy as they wish. Suprisingly (or not) the most dangerous opponent for that tactic would be Tau as they can get much High S shots fired.

Archived