type of inquisitor

Sons of Wolfgar

I guess so - In the Grey Knights trilogy Inquisitor Nyxos' is training Interrogator Hawkespur, who was hand-picked from an Imperial Navy Academy. Don't see why the same thing shouldn't happen with the Guard.

I can just picture it - Inquisitor turns up "Hey, this guy's too badass for the Guard" - *Swipe*

well its commonly known that =][='s choose their retinue from the most lethal people they can find, everyone from underhive gangers, rouge traders, 'skilled' civies and of course members of the guard.

of their retinue, more experienced =][='s will have an intregator who they are training to be an =][=, these intergators can come from any of the places that their retinues come from.

The nerdish fluff for my Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor (O'Dorihan) has him as a Confessor attactched to an Imperial guard company ( of the 99th Botwan Heavy Infantry) inducted for Inquistion use. He marks out his potential and is co-opted to the Inquisitor's retinue and so up through the ranks.

The practical upshot of this is that O'Dorihan's Ecclesiarchal career (and the Inquisitor who sponsored him) colours his attitude and thus the make up of his Household and their tactics.

I'm a big fan of the personality of your charactors bleeding in to how you use them on the battlefield.

Also should there be any vauge intrest (or if'm bored on a day off) I'll expand this fluff further into wee stories for your viewing pleasure.

Although it would be very rare indeed. Astartes themselves are exceedingly rare (roughly one million Marines, taking in all the chapters that with excess Marines combined with the chapters that have taken grave losses and are constantly underpowered in number), as are Inquisitors-- and, though they might have a grudging respect for eachother, the Astartes and Inqusiition have a long standing feud.

I could provide a couple. First, it would be difficult to do the majority of an Inquisitor's job, since an Astartes attracts enormous attention. Second, there already are Astartes working for the Inquistion (GKs and Deathwatch) and doing the job they are literally bred for.

Archived