Anti-Daemon Retinues

Leethal

Now I've seen a few horribly mean Anti-Daemon retinues somewhere,

I require the aid of the Inquisition. I need possibly the most broken Inq. Retinue possible for 3 on 3 game.

Oh for those wondering.

Team Imperium

-Daemon Hunters (Me)

-Battle Sisters

-Grey Knights

Team Whatever

-Khorne/Slanessh Daemons

-Nurgle/Tzeentch Daemons

-Slanessh Spam Daemons

Elite Inquisitor with 2 Mystics (for when points are tight) comes in at 32 points, hide them behind Exorcists or Retributors and watch those Daemons drop ;)

Or what I run with is: Elite Inquisitor, with 2 Mystics, 1 Familiar and 3 Heavy Bolter Servitors for 112pts. Put them in cover and they are perfecr for taking Daemons out....I have two exorcists near mine just to worry Drop Pods as well ;)

As Many Inquisitors with LandRaiders as you can Field.

Have Mystics for thier Retinues and stick them inside the LR. Pop Sanctuary first turn.

The Land Raiders can fire Every turn, and you get a 3" Bubble from the LR Hull that Deamons can't enter nor Draw LOS through. Keep the rest of your Troops inside and Win.

The Msytics will give you (or preferably a 4 Psycannon with Psycannon Bolt Justicar Purgation Squad) a free shot on each and every DSing Dameon unit that lands within 4d6 of you. (Edit: eithin 4d6 of the LR Hull...)

Win.

There are some nasty new Apoc Formation in Apoc Reloaded for Daemons, the Khorne one come to mind, can't remember the exact details but it's something like making troops in range run toward a BT. Stuff to look out for.

When you face Deep Striking Flamers, Nurgle Deamon Princes and Bloodcrushers, you gotta resort to dirty tactics. :P

Thank you new 5th Edition FAQ. I actually feel sorry for the Daemon army facing Deamonhunters, and know whole heartidly this is what Games Workshop tried to desperatly avoid when the DH codex was originally released.

The DH are now so underpowered versus every other army, bar thier nemesi the Dameons. Over who, they utterly dominte. Not balanced, but moving the game to Rock - Paper - Scissors.

Archived