I just whipped some marines.

SJumppanen

So how cheesy SM list is if it has in 1500 point list following things:

Kayan Shrike

Chapter Master (or what that guy with orbital strike is?)

Landrider with 5 assault terminators.

Scout landspeeder w/5 scouts (meltabomb and rest have Krak Grenades)

Sniper Scouts and that dude who thinks that he is Vindicare assasin.

2 Squads of 10 of marines.

Do those terminators realy get to do Fleet move after dismounting from LR?

And does that Speeder get 24" scout move? And then shoot and drop scouts right next to my tank to assault it?

It was a big fight but i got them almost to the man...

The Termies can Assault, however, they cannot move if the LR moved. if you run in the Shooting Phase you cannot assault unless you have fleet.

During the scout move you can't get within 12" or 18" inches of an enemy (can't remember for sure). As for how far the Speeder can scout move, I never use speeders so I'm not sure of the specific rule.

It sounds like a rather easy build to defeat though the only armor he has is the LR and Landspeeder. The landeraider is of course difficult to kill, but the landspeeder is meat for our Psicannons. Beyond that, its all infantry, which die horribly to us.

The Termies can Assault, however, they cannot move if the LR moved. if you run in the Shooting Phase you cannot assault unless you have fleet.

During the scout move you can't get within 12" or 18" inches of an enemy (can't remember for sure). As for how far the Speeder can scout move, I never use speeders so I'm not sure of the specific rule.

It sounds like a rather easy build to defeat though the only armor he has is the LR and Landspeeder. The landeraider is of course difficult to kill, but the landspeeder is meat for our Psicannons. Beyond that, its all infantry, which die horribly to us.

Actualy i'm SoB player. Note that acording to my opponent, terminators (and everyone else) get fleet when he has that Raven Guard character.

actually no thats not entirely correct.... the chapter tactics rule states units in the army may replace combat tactics with chapter tactics, so the unit only get is it the entry for the unit has combat tactics special rule.

Yup, those Termies could both Fleet and Assault out of the Land Raider. Though, personally, Assault termies dropped in value with the loss of Furious charge. The Storm shields make them almost impossible to kill...but with just 5 of them and swinging last I'm not very afraid of them anymore. Plus that list was way to top heavy. Shrike, Master, Land Raider, and 5 Assault termies make up over half his list minimum. Upgrades to the Master probably put him over that.

Regardless, good job in your win =)

He is correct. Shrike gives ALL units FLEET. Nasty. The Scout Speeder counts as open-topped (I think it can move 24" but I'm not sure if he can assault from it then).

Well, he didn't need to after the scout move. He tried to take 2 EXOs at once, but only scouts managed to do that.

Also, even if the vehicle is opened topped, the unit will not be allowed to charge if it went full out speed. In this example, turbo boost. If he turbo boosted the scouts there, and than assaulted, that deserves a smack on the noggin. Shrike pretty much gives any Marines in his army Fleet. So yes, terminators can run and than assault. I'm guessing that the Land raider had an assault ramp on it to allow them to charge after it moved full out.

Not to discredit your victory. Its great to see Marines taking in the teeth. Although I must point out that his list is very shabby for a 1500pt game. It only about 40 models. Its a super elite army, which only make Sister's task easier to do. Not a lot those models can do when 80ish models bare a lot of guns at them.

Also, even if the vehicle is opened topped, the unit will not be allowed to charge if it went full out speed. In this example, turbo boost. If he turbo boosted the scouts there, and than assaulted, that deserves a smack on the noggin.

Again he didn't need to. He just made a 24" scout move with Landspeeder and then moved normaly.

Archived