Smoke Launchers as a weapon?

templargdt

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with a rules question. This week I played a guy with smoke launchers on his Rhino. I'd already shot off his storm bolter and hit another 'weapon destroyed' result, which I said should be bumped to immobilized, since he had no other weapons.

He claimed the smoke launcher is a weapon, since it's used in the shooting phase. I thought, to put it mildly, this was incorrect.

Can anyone clear this up, maybe with a BBB reference? Thanks!

They aren't used in the shooting phase but at the end of the movement phase and prohibit weapons from shooting when you use them not count as a weapon. Id say the burden of proof is on him to prove it not for you to prove otherwise. Make him look up all references of smoke launchers given in the rulebook and type out a one page minimum essay of at least 500 words double spaced with 12 size font to be turned in by the end of the week. This essay must include a minimum of 3 sources none of which can be Internet sites other then the games workshop main site and only from the faq and/or errata. This paper must prove beyond a doubt that smokelaunchers are indeed a weapon system as defined (not inferred or implied) by gamesworkshop. If he accepts this challenge, sweeten the pot by adding in if he does not perform this task you have full authority to open hand slap him in the face 3 times. These slaps do not have to be delivered all on one slapping but can be held in perpetuity to be delivered as desired by you. If he can indeed somehow prove his point that will be the new house rule between him and you but this rule in no way binds anyone else on the planet. There must be three witnesses to this arrangement and they must be neutral in this activity. The essay will be graded by the closest dually appointed official rogue trader or gw tournament organizer AND rules guru. His will be the final say. Oh by the way he is going against the number one rule which is this is a game and its meant to be an enjoyable experience. He by bending and outright breaking of the rules for some small advantage is deplorable and he will either hopefully change his way of thinking or be a very lonely gamer and never play.

Archived