I just lost about the worst I ever had to SM today

ripath

I played my first game against the new SM on Thursday. I bumped my 1500 point list up to 2000, since that's what my opponent likes to play. I run two Land Raiders at 1500, each holding a PAGK squad. I also run a pair of IST squads in Rhinos. One LR is a LRC and the other is a LRC or LRGH (magnetized), which I used as a LRGH in this game. The LRC was definitely the more fearsome tank since he had no heavy armor (four Rhinos and a Razorback and a whole mess of infantry). The LRGH vaporized his Thunderfire cannon off a ridge for the first shot of the game, so its TL LC were appreciated despite the glory of the LRC.

My Lord sat in my quarter objective zone and observed the battle from afar. The entire battle took place in his quarter where he turtled his SM infantry and assault marines in the cover of the Rhino and Razorback wrecks firing off the odd missile or three as well as he could. I'm still learning, but I like both versions of LRs. As I'm sure Silent Requiem will agree, LRs allow you to control the battlefield. Each can do so since they really can't be ignored, but they have different styles. I don't like calculating every angle and move typical of slow games, so if I had to pick, I'd go with the LRC, but why not take one of each?

Sure, LRs can be blown in one shot, and you may have then lost the game, but if they survive you will be in a good position to win.

Sure, LRs can be blown in one shot, and you may have then lost the game, but if they survive you will be in a good position to win.

Ahem the AV on a LR is such that a krak missile penetrates on a 5+ against any side. So they are quite survivable in numbers from what I have found. The only thing that I don't like about a LR is that it isn't all that fluffy for a GK army to have one in the smaller battles. but until the day I can run a competitive all infantry GK list I'll be using Land raiders

umm isnt it a krak missile can only glance a land raider on a 6 from any side? Krak missile are strength 8 and so as I understood it would be impossible for a krak missile to penetrate a land raider. The best heavy weapon in the imperium the lascannon can only just penetrate the land raider on a roll of 6.

Ahem the AV on a LR is such that a krak missile penetrates on a 5+ against any side. So they are quite survivable in numbers from what I have found. The only thing that I don't like about a LR is that it isn't all that fluffy for a GK army to have one in the smaller battles. but until the day I can run a competitive all infantry GK list I'll be using Land raiders

Please pay no attention my my posts from when I had bleach poisoning. :D I could hardly remember my name let alone the fact that I was talking about a meltagun not krak missiles

Archived