Lamenters Dreadnought

scrub

As the subject says. Here's my completed (with exception to micron penning a name onto the pieces of parchment) AoBR Lamenters Dreadnought.

The first thing you'll notice is that I've deviated slightly from the "official" paint scheme for the army by adding in Regal Blue. I'll be honest, I wanted to break up all of the yellow that I would be painting.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii169/Artax_IX/dreadnought1.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii169/Artax_IX/dreadnought2.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii169/Artax_IX/dreadnought3.jpg

The Heavy Flamer was stolen from one of my Land Speeder kits.

Any comments/criticisms are greatly appreciated. Thanks! :lol:

Ohhh!!!! thats a nice looking Dread!!!

Good job, Scrub ^_^

One suggestion though? The multimelta nozzle, perhaps soot a lilttle?

-Trajan

yeah i must say it looks a little red atm. but the rest is great :lol:

One suggestion though? The multimelta nozzle, perhaps soot a lilttle?

Very good point! Consider that fixed. :-D Thanks!

Love it! I love how it looks so dirty and war torn. Great job, how'd you get that effect?

Truth be told, it's all in the last step of inking the entire thing in Badab Black. The key is that you can't allow it to pool in areas, so I just take a paintbrush and soak up the excess ink, and dab it onto a paper towel. Simple as that. :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys, I'll be posting more pics of my army as it progresses. Next up, will probably be my Librarian that I converted from the Captain figure from AoBR, so keep an eye out.

I applaud you. I like Lamenters and this gets my thumbs up. As far as the blue, which you addressed, it is clearly blue but it doesn't necessarily 'read' blue. Its like my black shirts that have been through the was a few too many times, that I probably shouldn't wear anymore, but I do. For war, though, a little fading is expected, and it doesn't matter, because the flamers still burn just as well. Probably the one thing I would have done to make this a little more consistent, would have been to add a hint of blue to the checkers. Then it wouldn't even necessarily need explaination.

[subliminal]You want to model Haemon too[/subliminal]

I really like the paint job, up until the point of the black wash. I know I'm disagreeing with the majority of the people here but I don't like the effect for weathering. It would look right on tank treads or something but over the yellow paint job it looks like it's been through a bath of thin black oil.

I'm no great painter myself, and I agree that the paintjob looks great in general, just don't like the black ink effect.

I think it looks awesome... the black wash looks great, except for maybe 1 thing... I work in my father's packaging machinery plant, and everything here is covered in a film of dirt... No matter how new it was when it came in. Now on all the machines here, you'll notice that the dirtiest parts are the areas that are most visible, while all the recesses are bright and almost as clean as the day they came in. We in the hobby tend to do things the other way around, dirtiest in the recesses, while the edges are clean and bright... Oh well, whatever it is like in the real world, that dread looks fantastic... You have anything else on the go? I'm doing the same dreadnought right now, along with all the other marine stuff in the AoBR

Taxi!

Just kidding. The checkerboard adds variation to the yellow. The weathering adds to the model, as for some reason I doubt the Lamenters would bother with Ultramarine level gilding and painting. Plus, the base is simple and efficient, focusing attention on the model.

A fine job, brother. We await the rest of your Chapter.

I applaud you. I like Lamenters and this gets my thumbs up. As far as the blue, which you addressed, it is clearly blue but it doesn't necessarily 'read' blue. Its like my black shirts that have been through the was a few too many times, that I probably shouldn't wear anymore, but I do. For war, though, a little fading is expected, and it doesn't matter, because the flamers still burn just as well. Probably the one thing I would have done to make this a little more consistent, would have been to add a hint of blue to the checkers. Then it wouldn't even necessarily need explaination.

[subliminal]You want to model Haemon too[/subliminal]

Thanks a lot for the kind words, and for the suggestion. I really like the idea of adding a hint of blue to the checkers. Expect me to throw that idea into use. ;) As for Haemon, I will probably end up modeling him as well. :D Cheers!

I think it looks awesome... the black wash looks great, except for maybe 1 thing... I work in my father's packaging machinery plant, and everything here is covered in a film of dirt... No matter how new it was when it came in. Now on all the machines here, you'll notice that the dirtiest parts are the areas that are most visible, while all the recesses are bright and almost as clean as the day they came in. We in the hobby tend to do things the other way around, dirtiest in the recesses, while the edges are clean and bright... Oh well, whatever it is like in the real world, that dread looks fantastic... You have anything else on the go? I'm doing the same dreadnought right now, along with all the other marine stuff in the AoBR

Thanks. Now that you mention it, I can see exactly what you're talking about. I use a lot of machinery for my job, and can totally imagine what you're talking about. Interesting indeed, how, in 40k, we dirty up the cracks, and leave the exposed edges bare. I've never thought of it before now. I'll try to keep that in mind with future models. :)

Shortly, I'll be posting up images of my converted AoBR Captain that I converted into being my Librarian, so keep an eye out!

Thanks again for all of the feedback, guys/gals.. I'll try to post an updated picture of this bad boy soon.

interesting to see how the black wash worked over yellow, i am planning on using ogryn flesh wash instead for my fists but my do a test model using badab black to see how that looks :P

yeah i use ogryn flesh on my imp fists..dont turn out that bad but its more of a reddy brown look.. i havent tried one with badab black as of yet... i hope to get a few pics of my imp fists up soon as id love to see what ppl think

Archived