Space Wolf Scouts useing regular Codex weapons

roosterpfunk69

My army builder will allow me to take Codex SW weapons with my Wolf Scouts. I notice in the Rules on this forum is is stated as fact. The Guys at my FLGS aren't going for it, and I can't fnd an official GW ruleing on said subject. I have the Codex, FAQ, and SM: Codex..... can't find it in any of these.

Edit, no need for the big font* max_dammit

How about this one.... look in your codex, and under SPACE WOLF SCOUTS, an elites entry, youll see they have options. One of those options says that a single unit of Wolf Scouts can take weapons options as per Codex: Space Marine.

Show them that.

How about this one.... look in your codex, and under SPACE WOLF SCOUTS, an elites entry, youll see they have options. One of those options says that a single unit of Wolf Scouts can take weapons options as per Codex: Space Marine.

Show them that.

Holy crap........ I am a douche!!!!!!!!!!! I can't belive it was there. That's what I get for fast skimming the rules.

Another mistake you made is following Army Builder... be careful as the army builder isn't updated fully and will make you pay for things differently, you should check that out and make sure you aren't overpaying.

As for GM, he posted what I was going to say quite nicely. :)

What about cammo cloaks? I am thinking that would be wagear, and we can't have them. What do you think?

I'd go as far as saying the intent is to allow a single Wolf Scout squad to be equipped as per Codex Space Marines, given that the SW Codex was written in third edition (please correct me if I am wrong) and there were no other options for scouts other than weapons (to my knowledge)... The only thing I would say cannot be taken is the Telion upgrade...

One solution to this would be to take a squad of 5 scouts, with 4x Snipers and a HB/ML, as well as cloaks... If someone complains, and the ruling goes against you, drop the cloaks and have a spare sniper to swap the points out for, will end up with 1 point spare, but another sniper on the table... ;)

What about cammo cloaks? I am thinking that would be wagear, and we can't have them. What do you think?

I'd go as far as saying the intent is to allow a single Wolf Scout squad to be equipped as per Codex Space Marines, given that the SW Codex was written in third edition (please correct me if I am wrong) and there were no other options for scouts other than weapons (to my knowledge)... The only thing I would say cannot be taken is the Telion upgrade...

One solution to this would be to take a squad of 5 scouts, with 4x Snipers and a HB/ML, as well as cloaks... If someone complains, and the ruling goes against you, drop the cloaks and have a spare sniper to swap the points out for, will end up with 1 point spare, but another sniper on the table... :)

This was already discussed in our 5th ed. FAQ at the top of the SW forum (right by the pictures and stuff) and it clearly states weaponry not wargear. So the camo cloaks are out of the question. :)

Would be nice to have though.

The new weapon options ALONE make our scouts much more versatile. Free Snipers and Hellfire Heavy Bolters. Not bad, for infiltrating into a nice vantage point.

Personally, I don't see ANY point in the new Land Speeder Storm, especially for Wolf Scouts. I suppose it's more useful for Codex Astartes, since their scouts can hold objectives. But for something Wolfier, it just seems...unnecessary. With the new non-dedicated transports, a Rhino can fit the bill for cheaper, and without a fancy converted Storm.

Wich also rules out a teleport homer eh?

If you need a teleport homer, a better option would be to take the Drop Pod. Homing Beacons work for ALL deep strike, and half of your drop pods, rounding all fractions up, arrive on turn one, and drop pods now reduce their scatter by the minimum distance required to avoid models or terrain.

Nothing like dropping down a shiny new Ironclad Dreadnought with A Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, and Siesmic Hammer. Makes troops nice and crispy, and can pop plenty of tanks. Or, for those Eldar or Tau lists, drop down a regular Dreadnought with a Heavy Flamer, and TL-Heavy Flamers. Or...

Ah, the possibilities... *sips at aged Fenrisian ale*

Archived