Rules of Combat

King_Pash

Came up today in my local GW. A SM Dread with 1 DCC weapon attacks an Eldar Avatar. The Avatar goes first and manages to blow off the Dread arm. Dread attacks back. Now, does the Dread attack with:

1) 2+1=3 attacks

2) S10 or S6?

Thoughts please.

It would be the same as if the Dread was "killed" at the higher I. It would get no attacks. the damage takes effect before his attacks.

I'm not sure where you're getting this but its not true. Assuming that the Dread has not suffered any other hits it would have 3, 2+1 for charging, attacks at its base strength of 6.

the question is... which arm was blown off, IIRC they do have two of them...

if it was the DCCW arm then they get base attacks +1 for charging at base S (6 in this case), if it was the gun arm then they would get base attacks +1 at S10.

It was the DCCW arm. Otherwise it wouldn't have been a problem.

I suppose base+1 at S6 does make sense. I think that's what the guys played it as (I was spectating). Question sorted. Thanks lads. :D

I'd love to know where the idea first originated that losing the DCCW somehow reduces your attacks.

Probably Codex Chaos Space Marines 3.5 and 4th. Their dreads come with 3 case attacks which are reduced to 2 if you exchange the DCCW with a missile launcher.

IIRC there used to be a bonus attack if you took the DCCW arm, but thats not the case anymore. Unless you have TWO CCW arms then it has absolutly no effect on the number of attacks the dread gets, only the strength it fights at (and in the case of seismic hammer the I it fights at, and in the case of chainfist the AP it uses, but you get the picture)

Archived