{ARTWORK} Forged in the fires of Vengeance

Mr. Nipples

You may have seen this floating around the wip section and now its complete. Prints are available if you are interested pm me for details.

http://fc22.deviantart.com/fs35/i/2008/302/b/0/Forged_in_the_Fire_of_Vengence_by_SharpWriter.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/JasonHeuser/LOTD_Marine_OCT_2008_FINALFLATBLACK.png

Thanks all

C@C welcomed.

it looks more like a plasma gun to me

but oh dear

that is rehahehahehahehahehly awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cannont put into words how much i love that

i love the magma effect on the hands and on the barrel of the gun

and the flames on the shoulder pads sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

but those eyes add real contrast into the armour blackness

but they seem to stay into me and rip out my soul when i look at them

i suppose it's becuase i am turning to chaos soon (and also i have some LotD in my arm :pinch:)

thank you soo much for this beuty of flame and death

*gets on knees and starts bowing continusly and saying 'I am Forever in Your Debt'*

Athiair :D

its a pretty neat idea but i think the main problem with it, is you havent controlled the focus well

right now the gun is the focus, but its blank, detailess, because the marine has been worked off the page we lose all perception of scale in the drawing so the marine look monstrous in size, think godzilla

some things that came up while i talked to a friend:

-cropping the image closer would give the idea of a marine "portrait" right now its a marine and environment, and hats why it doesnt work well with him cut off, it will also help cure the dead space

-reduce the amount of black, while black is dark and creepy, its not at the same time, it obscures detail and shape and really renders half the image blank...outside of the gun and fire, and parts of the helmet there isnt much to see in the image, nothing to grab attention

-the glowing hands, if the cracks of his hands are glowy hot fire like, you need to demonstrate this by carrying the heat onto the panels of the gloves, right now it looks a bit awkward having the cracks yellow, it kinda looks like the Imperial Fists symbol (black fist on yellow background)

-more levels...right now when looking at the black and white, everything is of equal brightness or darkness, theres no progression, or very little...generally speaking i think the rule of 7 is great...3 levels of highlights, 3 levels of shadow and your medium "grey" and then theres all the "in between" stuff that transitions you from highlight 1 to highlight 2, to 3, or medium grey to shadow 1, and so on

PS i added you on deviantart and facebook :)

Archived