Megasupernoob rules question

glayvin34

I don't have the main 5th edition book, all I've got for rules is the little guy that came with Assault on Black Reach.

Anyway, I was wondering what the were specific rules are regarding the number of weapons a model can carry. I mean, what's the rule that prevents you from gluing a bolter to the Flamer Marine's back so he can have some range when he needs it?

Sorry for the nooblet question, but I've only been playing WH40k for a few months, and my normal opponents couldn't show me this rule in the book. Everyone seems to build their models assuming that they can only carry one weapon, so I wanted to be clear on that.

I'm a bit of a newbie myself, but I can say this much: the codexes are the premier way to find out what's legal for any model in any army. That, at least, should set you on the right path. Have fun! ;)

Exactly right. You need to look at the codex.

The pocket sized book that comes with Black Reach is the full, core rules. As far as I am aware, tehre is no difference in rules content between this and the hardback version.

That said, neither version has any limitations on how many weapons you can have, because there are no general limitations. You simply need to refer to the codex for your army, to see how many weapons they can have in practice.

You will find very few models who can legally carry a bolter and a flamer (besides combi-weapons) as wargear options do not generally permit it. Space Marine command squads are about the only one that springs to mind as they can trade a chainsword for it and keep the bolter.

Archived