Knight Titan Design - Need Help

Full-choke

After I get these two warhounds up and painted I am going to be building a couple Knight class Titans. From what I have read up on, scale wise the Knight should stand about 8-9" in height. I have found a few experimental rules here and there but nothing too solid (any assistance on that would be helpful too). From what I have decyfered from other forums and websites is that there are different models within the Knight Class. My hopes are to do the same thing I am doing with the Warhounds, make one a troop destroyer and the other a ranged killer.

With what I know about Knight Class titans they only have one crew member, keeping the cockpit smaller then the Warhound. A lot of design reference also points to longer, gangly legs. When I first started studying them my first thoughts went to something like an oversized Dreadnought almost. The would be about 3 times the height or a normal dreadnought model.

I have seen some excellent work done with the Defiler model but in my opinion (for what little it's worth) there is not much you can do with that model and not have it coming out looking like you used it. I am thinking it might be better to scratch build the Knight class for the army, looking for opinions on that matter. If not a complete scratch build what would you use for a starter model? Any help, comments, suggestions, photos, information is greatly appreciated. I have some time before I am going to be ready for these to be built but I want to do design work ahead of time if I am going to have to scratch build them.

Thanks,

F-C

I found this one this afternon since work was a little slow today.

Defiler Knight Titan

Also built out of a defiler but I thought the expanding of the legs really gave it a lot better look then others I have seen. The more I find myself trying to design a Titan for building the more I find myself NEEDING a good set of rules for it. I honestly have found nothing that seems like it would be even close to GW standard. One I found had an armament stronger then a Warhound on less points and a smaller frame. If anyone has a link to some solid rules that have come up it would be extremely helpful. It would help greatly when trying to design something that would look like it would carry the weapons it can take...Anyways, keep passing on the suggestions, I am filing them away in my feeble little mind!

F-C

Ilnar has posted the two links to the Gabriel based card plans, this makes quite a nice paladin style class, while some might say its a little too big for a knight style engine you could always either scale the plans down a little before printing or approach it using my mantra. Forget about scale and adopt the 'cool is the rule' approach, I find it always works well in 40k :D

Of course the other advantages are the plans are free and also the card if you opt to canabalise cereal boxes etc. Double bonus!

FC, just spotted your post. Are you looking for rules for the knight classes? If so the Lords of battle rule sheets cover all classes, they can be found over at bell of lost souls as a free download, hope this helps

Edited by BulldogUK

85% scale for the knights i posted is about the right size, that is, 9 or so inches, i too tho adhere to the "rule of cool"

besides, if you do it at the 85% scale the hips and face become a nightmare,id do a big one first especially if you are going to do it in plasticard.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this today on dakkadakka

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/223422.page

I stopped by to take a look at your warhound. It looks really good man. Much closer to the forgeworld warhound than mine. I will try to get to the store this weekend. I need to collect my $75.00 from you for the Vostroyans.

Found this one too

http://ac4.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/97817001c6cca01e

:blush:

Edited by Heavygear