Chaos Terminators

Ompfris

Well I finished my Trus scale Blood Angel; I thought I would give painting Chaos a shot, so I went out and brought a box of terminators, terminator lord and Abadon in his blister pack!

this is what I got so far.

gallery_38383_2606_114140.jpg

I will hopefully be updating everyday, I have to work Friday and Sunday apart from that I will have a whole week off work hopefully this will keep me busy!

Nice work so far. All I would suggest would be to use a thin wash of black paint once the primer has dried to help cover those bits the spray primer misses. That should give you a smoother undercoat for your figures. I do like the purple and I can't wait to see what your Abaddon looks like painted.

Lol I know I said about daily updates, but I knida drank myself silly for the last few days and as my stomache settled this afternoon I did some Painting, Blood Bowl, Lord of the Rings a new Blood Angel Commander and a tiny tiny bit of Chaos Terminator....

gallery_38383_2606_36973.jpg

gallery_38383_2606_65630.jpg

gallery_38383_2606_121239.jpg

The Commander is up on E-bay, I was gonna post a link here if anyone wanted to watch its progress but it was too close to the rules of the forum so If you wanna see how he is getting on - Search on E-bay or PM me for a link ;)

Sorry to double post - I felt bad for not doing more on the Terminators so I didn't want to let you down too much, so I finished off the purple base coat and i'm half way through the gold!

now i'm off to bed, I can paint no more

gallery_38383_2606_46640.jpg

Three Terminators, I thought about colours and looked the the GW site, so I chose Khorne/World Eaters, Nurgle and Thousand Sons

Hopefully I will be able to get the metalics and washes done by this time tomorrow, my little girl is at playschool tomorrow so I have a bit of me time :)

gallery_38383_2606_4557.jpg

gallery_38383_2606_81163.jpg

This is all the progress I made today, extra dry brushing, washes then started the metalics (gold brass and tin)

Still have all the boltgun metal to do before I give the metalics their washes

hope this is better for you guys Abbadon is in black armour just like GW says

I much prefer the paint job on the Nurgle and Khorne Terminators - their paint work looks a lot smoother and even. I also like the quasi-rust red look to the Khorne figure but agree that a few darker washes in the recesses would help. I'd like to see more on the Thousand Son figure and Abaddon too.

Hey Ompfris, those termies a re looking good so far, keep it up. A little tip for your gold though, instead of black washing, you could try a watered down 50/50 mix of scorched brown and liche purple, (possibly a tiny,tiny drop of washing up liquid to help beak the surface tension of the water, but this is totally optional) once it's dry highlight as you normally would, trust me it works wonders.

:lol: cheers captain pugno!

Looking good there!

I like the colours of that Nurglesk termy!

The only (semi) corrupted chaos army that springs to mind are the Soul Drinkers. They fit well in with that puple colours.

Keep up the good work, I'll be watching ;)

Archived