Mephiston - Lord Of Death

Liltom

Hi there. I painted this model in about 2 hours total and I'm looking for any comments and suggestions you guys have in the hopes of improving my painting skills. As always, be as cruel as you like. This is, in my opinion, the best model I've ever painted. Thanks in advance.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa281/liltomBA/DSC05605.jpg

P.S. - The blood/gore on sword (I can't remember it, but I'm sure it has a specific name) was done by mixing red gore with araldite :)

Thank you for the very quick reply! That photo is about the best my camera can do without me delving into buttons I cannot comprehend, not that I claim to be able to use the thing at all properly. However, if you click on the picture it comes up larger. I would imagine you've already done this, but that picture to me comes up as being quite large and, I would imagine, satisfactory.

When I next get chance, and command over my camera again :) , I will see what I can do for a larger, higher quality picture. You never know, I might even crop it :)

Het its good for 2 hours work, if you had more time I'm sure you would take a little more care on his robe/skirt :)

I always thought Meph's Plasma pistol was lacking in something I think its dull (the pistol itself not the painting)... so I painted little flames on mine.

I definately agree that the robes could be made smoother with a little more care. Mephistons pistol (model wise) is very dull. For such an ornate model to have a bog standard pistol is very dissapointing. I didn't think to do anything about it by painting other than the lighting. The flames definately seem a good idea. Other than that some green stuffed wings or skulls could have done the job, if I were good enough at modelling :)

Again, thank you greatly for the reply.

Archived