Grand Master of the Whiff

Lord Cornilius

I have developed a nice anti-daemon strategy for Apocalypse, which involves two cheap Inquisitors both always using Sanctuary standing next to each other. Daemon Player uses Major Possession with Angrath (or whatever the big badass Bloodthirster's name is), on Inquisitor gets possessed, Bloodthrister promptly appears in Sanctuary radius and auto-dies. biggrin.gif

What 'possesses' (pun intended ;) ) the Daemon player to try to do that in the first place? Does he have to manifest in an IC or something, as part of his rules (Angrath that is) ?

Back on topic, my old Grand Master used to be even worse than my new one (who I mentioned earlier). My luck isn't great at the best of times, but he never did anything, I simply could not roll dice for him. So I purpose-built my new one, who I can roll average dice for. The downside is that my bad luck is now spread out over my entire army, instead of being confined to one model. wallbash.gif

I can never roll 2+ saves when I need to. Though that is made up by every game in around 20, when nothing, and I mean nothing will get through my Terminator Invulnerable saves. It dirves my opponents nuts. yes.gif

You should ritually burn your dice (preferably with an incinerator), and get some new ones, cos it sounds like Tzeentch has cursed them. That '1 game in 20' thing is the lure, he's just leading you along to the 19 failures ;) .

:P GW sounds like they walked right into that one. Ah well, the Greater Daemon probably deserves it, trying to possess an Inquisitor ;) .

After a couple of games against you (were I the Daemon player), I'd probably just house-rule that he possesses a Chaos character. Then I might actually win -_- .

Well it does mean you have to have 2 Inquistors permanently using Sanctuary within 3" of each other, and doing nothing else

Eh, I'm not too fussed. They only cost 36 apiece (I give them a pair of Mystics to screw Daemon armies over even more so), and if you space them out well they'll generate an invisible wall of 'you can't see me' for Daemons.

If you really don't want to play the Dameon player ever again, give an Inquisitor with Sanctuary a LR Transport and cast Sanctuary from inside it. ;)

3" Bubble formed from the Hull of the LR. Lots of space for him to DS into, and lots of space for you to hide troops in/behind.

But it won't be a fun game to play. :lol:

This is in it's own slightly sad way very funny.

First us DEAMONHUNTERS could not hope to dent a proper deamonic army very well because of the deamonic infestation rule.

Now we have either the option of beeing absolutely beardy and cheese who they have no hope of killing, of getting the floor whyped by them if we choose to NOT take the anti Deamon uptions.

Sadly these options are quite black and white, because some options and powers are absolutely broken, while other options and wargear are useless because their rules no longer apply.

Archived