Space Wolf Army...

carcharodon

i have finally, after about a year, settled on and army, and i chose space wolves, if i hadn't i wouldn't post here... i was wondering whether i should go for the battleforce, or just find my own units, not the best way of wording that... and what leader is good for small points, as it will be a while before i can afford more then the first batch. both methods sem to have advantages...

thank you for any help you may or may not provide :P

Oh, and not so relevent, does anyone know where can you get adobe flash CS3 for cheap? (no vague answers please, to either part.)

The battleforce is a solide choise to start with. You´ll get 2 troop choises, one transport and the bikes as a fast attack choise. For a HQ i would sugest a venerable dreadnought. Why? The ven dread provides some heavy firepower to your small army.

as for Adobe, no idea.....

As for space wolves.... Yeah the battleforce is nice to pick up. A rhino, Bloodclaws, and greyhunters boxes total $100... and the bikers are over 30 bucks themselves. Its one of the nicer deals out there if you can find it. Even if you dont use the bikes, youll have made profit.

As for Good leaders at small points? Well the Wolf Priest is cheap and well equiped to start with... wich is always nice. Much like the Chaplain out of a normal marine force. On the other hand a Wolf Gaurd Battle Leader *WGBL* in Terminator Armor with a heavy weapon will give you some much needed heavy support and close combat goodness... but will cost about 125-150pts.

You might also grab a Dreadnaught. We can take venerable Dreads as HQ choices.... one of them is a nice way to go at any points level. You wont regret him, though the model itself is more expensive.

From there play a few games and decide if you like your Grey Hunters with Bolters or Close Combat.... A mix of both is usually the best, but some people have a preference one way or the other. Heres the thing.... just cause it says bloodclaws on the box doesnt mean anything. They are the same models as the grey hunters, just with a closecombat weapon and bolt pistol. So paint them and field them as either one to your own liking.

Once you get a feel of the game, look into a heavy support choice of some sort.... a Predator is a solid all around choice, whil vindicators and whirlwinds give a nice area of affect. Attack bikes are also a fun way of getting a few more heavy weapons into your army.

Guest WG Vrox
Is this your first army of 40k, if no what type of army did you play before and what about them brought you to the wolves? What do you like about the wolves? Your answer will help us give you advise on your first purchase as wolves are a versital lot and never dull, but when you have a limited budge configuring the models out of the box can go many ways.

With my Grey Hunters I tend to have all bolters, a meltagun (cause its on the frame) and 2 power wapons as they can still dish out the pain. A squad like this took out a 10 man assault sqaud with a sarge with storm shield. He took the invlunerable save on him and failed, that was my club leader. But back to the point it is good to have Grey Hunters with bolter but don't forget about special weaonry and power weapons.

Heres a way to equip them out of the box:

WGBL- Frostblade, Wolf Pelt, Runic Charm, Plasmapistol - 108 pts.

10 Grey Hunters- 9x Bolter, Powerweapon, Meltagun- 199pts.

9 Bloodclaws- 2x Powerfist- 150 pts.

Rhino- 35pts.

3 x Bloodclaw Bikers- 2x Powerfist- 114 pts.

606 pts.

Predator- Twin linked Lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons, stormbolter and extra armor- 145 pts.

Total- 751 pts.... good for a small friendly game, not enough that you need an extra HQ. If the people around you are for whatever reason really upset about WYSIWYG and that last little point.... drop a bolter off the Grey Hunter Squad... give the guy with a powerweapon a boltpistol.

grey mage happily made this list for me. its just using the battleforce and a predator im gertting my battleforce next thursday so excited cant wait

Archived