German FAQ

WarPanda

Can anyone who reads German tell me if we can use the 35 point rhinos? Good points have made that we can, but if we can find a FAQ, even in German, that more directly spells it out, that'd help a bunch.

Yes, the german FAQ allows to use the cheap rhinos and razorbacks.

Look through the answer part of the faq.... theres a part where it says "rhino" and compare it to the portion in english... youll see the correlation immediately. For further information put it in an online translator.... and there you are.

It's the same with the French FAQ. we have access to rhino and razorbacks at SM costs.

The French FAQ was published the 10th July 2008.

Don't know for the english FAQ.

In French tournaments, we use the SM costs for the vehicle and the upgrades for all the vehicles apart venerable Dread and Exterminator.

Hope that helps -_-

The only question i have is, can we use it in english tournemants.

Magnus Aurelius

While I really wish this wasn't a plausible question, I have to admit that in today's cynical world/gaming environment, I'm pretty sure it IS plausbile/applicable . . .

*sigh*

My last name is German, maybe if I develop a german accent, I will be allowed to use the German FAQ ruling without argument :-).

The only question i have is, can we use it in english tournemants.

Magnus Aurelius

While I really wish this wasn't a plausible question, I have to admit that in today's cynical world/gaming environment, I'm pretty sure it IS plausbile/applicable . . .

*sigh*

My last name is German, maybe if I develop a german accent, I will be allowed to use the German FAQ ruling without argument :-).

Wa?

I could understand that because our french and german both say the saem thing, the english might be a typo, and which would be why we might be able to use it.

Otherwise, i;d have to go to tournemants in germany, and i dont speak german ;)

Magnus Aurelius

techniclly it doesnt matter when the non english FAQ was made as its the ruling one[save with codex , no matter what the dexs says by RAW one should use the english version] .

It can be the oldest one and its still the one everyone has to use [unless the TO decide otherwise , our 4th ed unofficial FAQ and Rules book was 100+pages long to make an example of it] .

Of course GW may have changed that in the 5th ed , but I dont remember them doing that.

Well it does matter for my game shop and I do need some one to let me know when it came out. The Store owners logic is, if the English FAQ is the more recent then we use that one over the German or French FAQ. And according to him we use the most recent FAQ regardless of the language.

the way i have heard using other Rules/FAQs/Codex in other languages is that if your opponent can't read the language it's as good a cheating. this is how a guy from GW said it to me (he was at one of the stores i go to). basically unless every one can read it, with out translation, people can only guess what it means, and you could sway it in your favor. i know i would never do it, but because i can read german doesn't mean i can use the german FAQ, i HAVE to use the US one primarily because that is where i am. though having both i did point it out to him that they are different, which he didn't say much to.

from what i can tell, the last time the german FAQs (all of them) were updated (not just just the SW) was some time in early September. but like everyone has said, i can't find anything about when the us one was done last. i could only assume around the same time.

I just don't understand why the different FAQs would be different . . . I mean, I know languages don't always translate word for word (I actually have studied ancient Greek and its amazing how different languages can be from each other), but for heaven's sake, it doesn't even sound like the different languages were even translated from one central document, but rather made start to finish in their own language . . . what other reason could there be for a vehicle being in listed in one FAQ when its not listed in the other?

Just doesn't make sense.

I just don't understand why the different FAQs would be different . . . I mean, I know languages don't always translate word for word (I actually have studied ancient Greek and its amazing how different languages can be from each other), but for heaven's sake, it doesn't even sound like the different languages were even translated from one central document, but rather made start to finish in their own language . . . what other reason could there be for a vehicle being in listed in one FAQ when its not listed in the other?

Just doesn't make sense.

GW is like god.

They both work in mysterious ways.

That, or drugs.

Magnus Aurelius

Just so you know, the Rules Pack have cleared this up already, with a link to the Warhammer-world UK GT heat 1 FAQ that states we use C:SM for everything that isn't a Space Wolves Venerable dreadnought or an Exterminator. If you look at the sticky at the top of the forum, you should find it!

NR :)

Just so you know, the Rules Pack have cleared this up already, with a link to the Warhammer-world UK GT heat 1 FAQ that states we use C:SM for everything that isn't a Space Wolves Venerable dreadnought or an Exterminator. If you look at the sticky at the top of the forum, you should find it!

NR :nuke:

I thought this whole thing was already posted by someone. I'll find the link and post it in an edit.

here we go

Just because a GT posted there "house rules" does not really clear it up. Until an actual FAQ comes out it is still up for debate to anyone who wants it. Sadly my gamestore is still debating the issue, despite the information I have given them. Also, as far I know US GT are going by the English FAQ. So that means 50 pts Rhinos and 70 pt Razorbacks for us. Granted I still use the rhino plus smoke for 53 pts. Not really a big deal but the extra points would be nice.

Now if anyone here can prove that the US GT's are going to allow the SW to use the SM for rhinos and razorbacks that would be awesome.

It really means nothing in the long run.

A 4th edition rhino with smoke and Extra armor is 58. A 5th edition is 50? 8 points is not all that much in the big scheme of things.

Yeah, but consider the difference between the cost of the 4th edition basic rhino and the 5th edition basic rhino. That is another power fist or similar upgrade in a squad.

I honestly don't understand the "oh its only 'x' amount of points, its not a big deal" sentiments . . . for heaven's sake, we have so many awesome upgrades that turn the game in our favor, a handful of points IS important! And I'm not trying to be fanatical here, just realistic.

At any rate, my gaming group has decided in favor of the GT FAQ way, so its all settled for us. Hopefully others won't experience too many problems.

Archived