Dozer Blades & Seige Shields

AngryJohnny

Page 80 in the C:SM says:

A Vindicator with a Siege Shield automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests.

Page 130 in the C:SM says:

Vehicles equipped with Dozer Blades can re-roll a failed Difficult Terrain test.

On page 143 of the 5th Edition C:SM the entry for the Vindicator states that the vehicle "May take any of the following..." listing both the Dozer Blade & the Siege Shield.

What I'm confused about is do I need to take both? Isn't Dangerous Terrain harder to pass than Difficult Terrain? So if I have a piece of wargear that allows me to automatically pass Dangerous Terrain tests will it also allow me to automatically pass Difficult Terrain tests? Under the description of the Siege Shield on page 80 in the C:SM, it describes the Siege Shield as "an enormous bulldozer blade". I can't find anything in the Rule Book or in the Codex that clears this up. It appears that if we want to have the benefits of the Dozer Blade that we can only get it if we pay the points for the Dozer Blade, which does make sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that if I take a Siege Shield w/out the Dozer Blade that my Vindicator can pass Dangerous Terran tests only, but still get stuck in Difficult Terrain.

I appreciate any clarification/explanation of this.

Thank you! That make it click for me! I forgot that vehicles treat Difficult Terrain as Dangerous Terrain. So it makes sense that if I have wargear that automatically passes Dangerous Terrain tests, it would have the same impact on Difficult Terrain. Thanks so much for pointing that out! That ended several days of confusion for me.

Archived