how should i arm my squads?

Fury_of_Fenris

Ive been complementing on how to army my sqauds i have no idea what to do such as different weapons to tackle certain enemies and armour etc. i am also gona put a wolf leader in every sqaud so should i give them power weapons if i were going to give the sqaud power weapons. i was also wondering is it worth usin plasma guns as im scared of them blowing up and killing my guy

For me it depends on what type of army I'm facing. My Grey Hunters and Blood Claws normallyhave meltaguns to deal withany armour or 2+ save models. If facing off against Nids or Orks I tend to use plasma guns as the extra shots are invaluable against a rampaging Carnifex. They don't blow up that often and remember you have a 3+ save to use. But do not issue Blood Claws plasma weaponry as they cannot use its full potential. I tend to leave Wolf Guard out of smaller games because of the points but they are cool to take. I would recommend either 2 power weapons in your Grey Hunter squads or a power weapon and a powerfist.

I use flamers, meltas and Plasma in my GH squads, but only flamers in my Blood Claws because of thier BS.

With the new rules on PF's and the lack of a second CCW attack, I have been moving my PF's to my WGLs who are armed with Combi-Weapons. They wouldn't be getting an extra attack anyway. This leaves my true grit SW's to keep their two attacks with the PWs. If I put a flamer in the squad, I try and give the WGL a combi flamer also. Same for plasma and meltas. I also gave my OBEL scouts' WGL a combi-melta and PF to ensure they could deal with tanks.

My Blood Claws have a mix of PFs and PWs.

I also have a large GH squad who's job is to sit on an objective in/near my deployment zone, so I give them less special stuff to keep points down.

Hope that helps some.

Actually with true grit combiweapons DO give an extra attack to the model equiped with them... they just dont get a charge bonus.

This is from the new special rules in the newer space wolf codex, the older version (that most have), only say bolters, so it's a common mistake. The newer dex also says how you go first when receiving a charge with stormcaller instead of when you charge.

I arm my Grey Hunters squads with bolters, plasma gun, power weapon and powerfist, then a Wolf Guard Leader with bolter, pelt, and power weapon.

My Blood Claws have 2 power weapons, a power fist, melta gun, and Wolf Guard Leader with power weapon.

I've heard rumours that Grey Hunters squads will have bolter, bolt pistol and chainsword in the next codex (end of 2009 at earliest) so I equipped one Grey Hunter squad with a meltagun. Nice to have more anti-armor punch in the army as well.

Archived