another Lash question :)

Voitagi

Hiho!

Some guy just told me that using the Lash would not be a shooting attack because you use it "instead" of shooting and it has no profile like a weapon ect.

So he says he could use the lash on one unit and assault the other in cc. Is that right?

In the german codex and rulebook the wording is not quite clear and i understand his point.

So, is there a general rule that says only powers with a weapon profile are shooting attacks or that any power used in the shooting phase is a shooting attack?

thanks

Voi

If it's a magic attack that is used in the shooting phase, then it counts as shooting. As such, he is absolutely wrong. However, if the sorcerer was joined to the squad, then he could charge multiple units. However, the squad he lashed would have to still be a valid target to assault. If he can't assault it, then he can't assault anything.

Just checked my sneaky copy of the CSM codex. Verbatim: "A psyker may use this power [Lash of Submission] in the Shooring phase instead of using another ranged weapon". That, to me, says that all ranged weapon rules apply to this also. Thoughts? :)

i played with a slaanesh army for the first time today, would like to just check here... is it ok to use lash and assault with the sorceror in the same turn? (obviously assaulting the unit targeted), as i do think it's a shooting attack but it doesn't say 'assualt' or 'pistol' etc.

There are no restrictions that say it can't, however, keep in mind that it did target a unit in the shooting phase. As such, the unit it targeted would have to be the unit that is charged. If the sorcerer is part of a squad, the squad may multicharge, but they still have to be able to charge the target of the lash.

Archived