quick question on Combi weapons

Bjorn Darkwolf

do we use true grit with combi weapons? technically the do still have a pistol grip, though they are much heavier than a bolter... i can see it either way. just ant to know if i need to sculpt bayonets onto my new combi melta conversions.

Yes you can, but some may argue that even though you could wield it and still have a power weapon or something, you can't count it as a 2nd CCW since in the older C:SW it doesn't list combi-weapons under true grit, but the newer version does.

Core rulebook, under the Universal Special Rules for True Grit. For our use of it, see the V5 SW FAQ.

Unfortunately, True Grit doesn't exist in 5th ed. We Wolves have to use it as written in our codex. The FAQ states as much, thus not allowing us an extra attack. Unless GW updates the faq again to allow combi-weapons, we'll have to wait until the new dex and see what happens.

the FAQ for the BBB says codex takes the precedence, we look in our codex, and under the true grit special rules it includes combi-weapons, so it's as simple as that.

If you have the old codex where it only says bolters, then you're somewhat SOL unless you can get a PDF or something of a scanned version of the codex.

I've tried multiple times to send them via E-mail to people but something seems to be messing up. :)

Core rulebook, under the Universal Special Rules for True Grit. For our use of it, see the V5 SW FAQ.

Unfortunately, True Grit doesn't exist in 5th ed. We Wolves have to use it as written in our codex. The FAQ states as much, thus not allowing us an extra attack. Unless GW updates the faq again to allow combi-weapons, we'll have to wait until the new dex and see what happens.

That is very, very true. Mega Brain fart on my part, sorry for confusion... ^_^

the FAQ for the BBB says codex takes the precedence, we look in our codex, and under the true grit special rules it includes combi-weapons, so it's as simple as that.

If you have the old codex where it only says bolters, then you're somewhat SOL unless you can get a PDF or something of a scanned version of the codex.

I've tried multiple times to send them via E-mail to people but something seems to be messing up. :(

I have an North American English version of Codex:SW and under the true grit ruling, it only states bolters. I was unaware that they made another 'Dex with differant wording. As far as I know the wolf dex didnt' get any reprint from its original. If there is I'll have to find it. But for all intents and purposes, true grit doesn't work with anything other than just plain jane bolters, and SB for GK.

Guest WG Vrox

True Grit defined is holding the bolter by the pistol grip, so if the combi bolter has a pistol grip by definition it should follow under the true grit rule.

WG Vrox

Thank you, I didn't know they had differant editions of the 'Dex printed. I've e-mailed them, hopefully I'll get it soon. Is there any other changes between the differant mk's.

Simply e-mailing them won't get you anywhere at all (trust me I tried). What you have to do is literally "buy" the codex from them (it won't cost you anything as it's $0.00) and then they'll send it to you via PDF file. Just fill out the information just like you would if you bought an item from their site.

Thank you, I didn't know they had differant editions of the 'Dex printed. I've e-mailed them, hopefully I'll get it soon. Is there any other changes between the differant mk's.

Simply e-mailing them won't get you anywhere at all (trust me I tried). What you have to do is literally "buy" the codex from them (it won't cost you anything as it's $0.00) and then they'll send it to you via PDF file. Just fill out the information just like you would if you bought an item from their site.

Thanks again. I've just orded it, hopefully I'll get it by the time I get off work. which it 5pm central time.

EDIT: As an update I've received the Mk2 dex, I'm so happy!!!!

Archived