Leman Russ in the Primarch Project

Venter_Of_Russ

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=108064

The B&C has a homegrown rules effort going on to get stat lines hammered out for all the primarchs. For some reason, Leman Russ, arguably the most powerful of the primarchs and our ancient Father, has seen very little in the way of work performed on him. Freki and Geri are being considered with the same stat lines as generic Fenrisian wolves, and the overall stat layout being presented is one which would be beaten quite handily by Abaddon, who was Horus's second in command. There are reports of Russ being the only primarch to best Horus in single combat during training; are we going to let his disciple be stronger than Russ? Lets get to work, brothers! For Russ! For the Wolftime!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=108064

The B&C has a homegrown rules effort going on to get stat lines hammered out for all the primarchs. For some reason, Leman Russ, arguably the most powerful of the primarchs and our ancient Father, has seen very little in the way of work performed on him. Freki and Geri are being considered with the same stat lines as generic Fenrisian wolves, and the overall stat layout being presented is one which would be beaten quite handily by Abaddon, who was Horus's second in command. There are reports of Russ being the only primarch to best Horus in single combat during training; are we going to let his disciple be stronger than Russ? Lets get to work, brothers! For Russ! For the Wolftime!

This was well over a year ago, not sure why you're posting this in here when it was fine where it was. Also Russ isn't the most powerful of the primarchs at all, if anything he's likely top 5 for sure, but no where near first.

Sanguinous was probably the most powerful, if not near Horus for sure (Horus before overwhelmed by chaos powers pumping him up to the limits to strike against the emperor), then it trickles down from there arguably Angron comes to mind, possibly even Curze (not sure how much you compare to Rogal but Curze was a definite badass and would use his bare hands in up-most lethality) then Russ fits in there somewhere.

If you really wanted to, post in the topic your stats you believe he should have and rules. The way he's currently made, he's still very powerful, the problem arises that GW came out with Angron stats and he's going to be stronger than Russ (possibly stronger before and definitely stronger after his ascension to daemon prince) and his stat line is limited and only ~500 points. I feel 350 does Russ justice for now at least.

i have also heard of these rumors that say he was the only primarch to beat Horus in single combat and fully support you in this crusade he should be made more powerful but maybe as powerful or a little less than say Angron. i mean hes still a fallen primarch with a daemon infesting his body, that's got to count for something. however i am outraged that Freki and Geri are only as powerful as normal Fenrisian wolves. you have my support brother wolf. (Also Sanguinous is not nearly as powerful as Russ.)

i have also heard of these rumors that say he was the only primarch to beat Horus in single combat and fully support you in this crusade he should be made more powerful but maybe as powerful or a little less than say Angron. i mean hes still a fallen primarch with a daemon infesting his body, that's got to count for something. however i am outraged that Freki and Geri are only as powerful as normal Fenrisian wolves. you have my support brother wolf. (Also Sanguinous is not nearly as powerful as Russ.)

You're thinking of Sanguinous here, and that's while Horus was all hipped up on chaos power that Sanguinous even got a hit off on Horus. Russ's most impressive (in my eyes) bashing was when he smashed that titan down to the ground, oh the memories. :D

Freki and Geri were listed better than normal fenrisian wolves in the primarch project, higher save, higher initiative than your average fenrisian wolf... did you also notice there's no points for them? so using him is like getting them for free, can't make them too amazing. Also they are fenrisian wolves, not some powerful cyber wolves or something, they can only be so strong and it fits just fine, you have to remember they're going to be ablative wounds anyways. :)

And yes, this is out of date and if you wanted to up it to 5th you'd have to start a new project or try to come up with one yourself and I'm sure others will help you with what needs fixing...

To be fair, I wasn't really saying Horus was more powerful than Russ, at least before chaos powers, but he was definitely close, being the super tactician he was is how he got to be where he was. I think we can all agree though that the Lion would be below Russ for sure, I mean Russ doesn't wear a dress, sucker punch people dishonoring himself then going into an emo state, nor does he drink wine coolers. ;)

I know the project is really out of date, and I may be grave-robbing a bit here. I just thought it was -really- cool :-p. I think what was nagging at me the entire time I read it was Abaddon the Despoiler's stat line. It seems like he can beat half the primarchs they constructed in single combat...

I know the project is really out of date, and I may be grave-robbing a bit here. I just thought it was -really- cool :-p. I think what was nagging at me the entire time I read it was Abaddon the Despoiler's stat line. It seems like he can beat half the primarchs they constructed in single combat...

Are you looking at the old chaos codex from 2nd ed?! His stat line is nothing like it once was... Russ' stat line is much better than Abaddon's.

Archived