Latest GT rules for Wolves

WolfGeezer

So these aren't official errata outside of Grand Tournaments, but seeing as GW issue these, thought it might be of interest. Issue date 30 October.

SPACE WOLVES

85) In the Space Wolves codex, it states that Venerable Dreadnoughts must take vehicle upgrades from the Space Marine armoury. The FAQ says I take vehicle options that are in my codex, from my codex. Should I use the Space Wolves Codex’s old costs, or should I use the Space Marine Codex’s new ones? Use the costs as listed in the Space Wolves Codex. The vehicle upgrade costs from the ‘Space Marines Armoury’ should be taken as: Extra Armour (5pts), Searchlight (1pt), Smoke Launchers (3 pts). - No news here right?

86) The English GW Space Wolves FAQ says that I pay the new costs for everything but Rhinos and Razorbacks. Is this correct? This isn’t correct, the FAQ states that you should “…use the point costs and rules from Codex Space Marines for Dreadnoughts, Land Speeders, Attack Bikes, Whirlwinds, Predators, Land Raiders and Vindicators”; this list should have included Rhinos and Razorbacks. Also use the points cost and vehicle upgrade rules in Codex Space Marines. The exception to this is the Venerable Dreadnought, which must be chosen from Codex Space Wolves. :D

87) Can a Wolf Guard Battle Leader take a heavy weapon? No. :cuss Blatant override of the FAQ albeit one I didn't agree with in the first place, but have been enjoying over recent months

88) Codex Space Marines has a number of pieces of wargear with different rules and stats to those in my codex, which rules do I use? In all cases use all the rules and points cost as specified in Codex Space Wolves. No news here, or are they trying to get us to use the summary stat page at the back, I don't think so.

89) Does the Space Wolf Venerable Dreadnought’s Old and Wise special rule allow you to re-roll the roll-off dice for each mission? Yes :D

So these aren't official errata outside of Grand Tournaments, but seeing as GW issue these, thought it might be of interest. Issue date 30 October.

SPACE WOLVES

85) In the Space Wolves codex, it states that Venerable Dreadnoughts must take vehicle upgrades from the Space Marine armoury. The FAQ says I take vehicle options that are in my codex, from my codex. Should I use the Space Wolves Codex’s old costs, or should I use the Space Marine Codex’s new ones? Use the costs as listed in the Space Wolves Codex. The vehicle upgrade costs from the ‘Space Marines Armoury’ should be taken as: Extra Armour (5pts), Searchlight (1pt), Smoke Launchers (3 pts). - No news here right?

86) The English GW Space Wolves FAQ says that I pay the new costs for everything but Rhinos and Razorbacks. Is this correct? This isn’t correct, the FAQ states that you should “…use the point costs and rules from Codex Space Marines for Dreadnoughts, Land Speeders, Attack Bikes, Whirlwinds, Predators, Land Raiders and Vindicators”; this list should have included Rhinos and Razorbacks. Also use the points cost and vehicle upgrade rules in Codex Space Marines. The exception to this is the Venerable Dreadnought, which must be chosen from Codex Space Wolves. :D

87) Can a Wolf Guard Battle Leader take a heavy weapon? No. :cuss Blatant override of the FAQ albeit one I didn't agree with in the first place, but have been enjoying over recent months

88) Codex Space Marines has a number of pieces of wargear with different rules and stats to those in my codex, which rules do I use? In all cases use all the rules and points cost as specified in Codex Space Wolves. No news here, or are they trying to get us to use the summary stat page at the back, I don't think so.

89) Does the Space Wolf Venerable Dreadnought’s Old and Wise special rule allow you to re-roll the roll-off dice for each mission? Yes :D

Can we get a link?

Not agreeing with #87 at all, considering the English GT clearly doesn't mention this...

Who puts together the GTs? The tournament scene really isn't my thing, so forgive my extreme ignorance in this matter. If the GTs are run by GW, then why would they go against their own FAQs so blatantly? And if they are run by GW, why don't they just make the GT clarifications into canon?

So what is the current rule? Does my Space Wolf assault cannon shoot 3 or 4 shots?

I'm not too familiar with the tournament scene myself, but my understanding is that the GT is organised and run by GW. I'm sure someone older in the fang can help out on that one. What I do know is that the rules for the GT are signed off on the document by someone called Andy Joyce who is the warhammer world events manager from GW and lists a GW UK email address.

In fairness it does say they are the GT house rules, so shouldn't necessarily assume they will follow official FAQs etc. but you do have to wonder why they should give the opposite answer to the official FAQ and why if a sanctioned group has put so much work in, why they can't leverage the group to produce the official FAQs, from what I read more generally of the doc, most looked like practical solutions to outstanding real FAQs from guys who play the game regularly.

As for the AC question I would still use the rule from C:SM as believe the last page is just an out of date summary page and doesn't really form part of the Codex i.e. Wargear page that states use as per C:SM would always take precedence over this stat summary.

Guest WG Vrox

My guess is the manager who reviewed the Andy Joyce the the GT has been helping with or has looked at the new codex rules for C: SW and thus is not the current offical rules, just a slip of the tounge.

WG Vrox

My guess is the manager who reviewed the Andy Joyce the the GT has been helping with or has looked at the new codex rules for C: SW and thus is not the current offical rules, just a slip of the tongue.

....................basically, having just come back from the UK GT heat 2, I have been told that this overlooking of our FAQ is something that they are going to have to re-tackle for the finals.

NR :)

Archived