Quikfire Kantor question

Wadey13

Yeah, it's been a bit of a sore point with people I know as to whether or not Chapter Tactics would extend to allied contingents. I can't see Eldar being inspired by Kantor, for example. Nor can I see Vulkan He'stan going through a regiment of Guard and master crafting their weapons. I think there's a line I'd draw with Chapter Tactics and allies, despite being a pretty easy going player, I just can't see certain things happening background-wise. It is CHAPTER tactics afterall! ;)

But then having said that, I'd be fine with any and all Space Marines using whichever Chapter Tactics has been selected, afterall, it'd be unfair to ask a player to repaint a load of Marines, and the whole counts as thing means the character could be from any Chapter. Unless maybe in a tournament thing...

Well, for Kantor the +1A for friendlies suggests others can get the attack, but I wouldn't do it myself. The He'stan's pretty clear though - thunder hammers, flamers and so on in your army get the bonus, not all friendly units with the aforementioned weapons.

Kantor's Inspiring Presence, which is just a Special Rule and not a Chapter Tactic, it is an easy thing to stop debating over. ;) It says "all friendly units within 12"", so that means ALL friendly Units that are within 12" (except Kantor himself) get the +1A in assault, not just the SM Units that came with his army. Both the Standard and Banner entries actually say "Space Marine unit", not "friendly unit", so we can guess it to mean that if GW wanted it to be SM only, they would have said it that way. If a Unit does not have an A stat, it gets no benefit of that +1A of course. :P

Archived