Grey Knight Grenades?

templargdt

Do Grey Knights have the standard Frag and Krak grenades that the spaces marines have? If not, I see that in the C:DH you can buy frag grenades for 1 pt a piece. Do you need to spend 1 point per model to do this (i.e. 10 points for a squad of 10 Knights)

Thanks!

Ys, unfortunately that is one of the things that cuts down Grey Knight's versatility. Lack of grenades. Krak, I don't really care about as they are better off using their Nemesis Force Weapons anyway. But frags are rather vital for initiating many assaults.

Really the things that you need to worry about in assault are going to come to you. The things you need to assault shouldn't cause you to worry about the lack of frag grenades... Either way you are making above the normal amount of attacks a piece with your PAGK's for space marines... Better to just shot them to bits and have them come to you in the case of any assaults that need frags.

fortunately the GK's have true grit, which means they dont care fi they assault or are assaulted, so its actually better to stand and hammer the enemy with another 16 storm bolter hits and 6 psycannon hits and let the survivors charge, this way the GK's never have to leave their cover.

The only problem with being charged is that the enemy usually gets a charge bonus. Against Orks or Banshees or Striking Scorpions and other units with a strong charge bonus, you probably want to charge first so that you deny their bonus. Of course, that doesn't mean you run towards them; it means that you backpedal while shooting until they're within 12", and then you change directions and head straight for them.

Archived