What would you do?

Last night I went to sleep, as you do, and in some nightmare world, space wolves went the way of the squat. Now I was woundering what YOU would do in a situation. I was thinking of all of us, thats you guys in other countries to (lets face it wouldnt you?) walking up to GW HQ in the UK and generaly demanding our army back. Now according to my studies (which you can find here) most SW players are around 6''+ and are beardy nutjobs with axes in their car boots (Trunks for you yanks). And then after getting our army back, we head to the nerest pub and drink the cellers dry. Singing a good drinking song. (way too many abreviations)

Side note: Need to come up with one of those. Maby a bit warcry, a bit of prais for the big guys and a lot about drinking.

I would give GW 2 options:

1) Continue making SW

2) I shove my newly purchased 1500 pts SW army up various holes in their body.

Truthfully, i doubt that SW will be kicked, same with Dark Eldar. Just to many fans and to much fluff to led it go.

Magnus Aurelius

Guest WG Vrox
I would be there with you Howland, I would think we could come up with a kick butt 12' tall SW Standard that would be manned 24/7. But its not going to happen, if it were, they would already be phasing us out of GT tournaments instead of FAQing us.

I was thinking of all of us, thats you guys in other countries to (lets face it wouldnt you?) walking up to GW HQ in the UK and generaly demanding our army back. Now according to my studies (which you can find here) most SW players are around 6''+ and are beardy nutjobs with axes in their car boots (Trunks for you yanks). And then after getting our army back, we head to the nerest pub and drink the cellers dry. Singing a good drinking song. (way too many abreviations)

By an amusing co-incidence, I am 6"+, have a beard and play with axes (Weapon of choice = Dane axe) and yup, Space Wolf player :)

Hmmm, another stereo type I fall into...

But yeah, I'd get upset at GW and cry...

To be honest I would just play vanilla marines but still paint them SW and call them SW. It would be a great loss to me but atleast I would still have the fluff to keep me alive.

I have thought of a nid monterous army but with huge wulfen models instead. that would work for me.

I have multiple other armies to play but I would definitely stop buying GW's products and just use what I got in fear of them nuking the other armies I play.

This is highly unlikely as we are first and foremost space marines, they'd never do anything to space marines as they bring in the most revenue. Taking out more vehicle sales and other stuff we use for our lists isn't an option.

They won't. They may languish in the frozen hells of Fenris for many more years, left until only the most Venerable of our brothers remember the call to war...

But we will return. In the End, for the Wolftime, we will return.

The Imperium would be hosed.

Ultramarines: They are making mom jokes! That's not in the Codex! What do we do!?

Mortifactors: Thousand Sons!? Let's eat them! Wait...they are only dust!!!

Blood Angels: Like, oh my god, Sanguinius being all dead makes me sad and thirsty, zomg.

Dark Angels: Well, they practically already are heretics. Dress wearing ninnies.

Imperial Fists: Okay, these guys might be pretty sweet, but without their brothers...

Raven Guard: Falls asleep while waiting in silence to ambush the enemy, enemy takes territory never seeing the black clad Guard.

Salamanders: Face their ultimate foe. Nitrogen.

White Scars: Face their ultimate foe. Vitamin E Oil!

See what I'm getting at?

It's happened before. It could well be that a range of figures is not really being bought enough to give maximum profit. Space wolves are a lot of figures to keep shipping to not a huge number of people.

They will never disappear completely but I could imagine the figures going and the armies being converted to vanilla.

And I'm talking as a proud owner of both a large squat army and a chaos genestealer cult.

I would start hanging out with another one of the gaming groups in town.... to many of the guys in mine would be like "that really sucks man... but it probly wont even be compatable with sixth.... play your eldar." Theres another one around here that plays a 3rd/4rth hybrid with a bit of 2nd.... I keep tellin them they should try fifth, as it has alot of the stuff theyve been house ruling forever... *Shrugs*.

See what I'm getting at?

Would that mean our ultimate nemesis would be fleas, the mange and/or distemper?

Oh by the way I must be the shortest Space Wolf by a mile 5'5"...mind you I am Scottish and used to box for the Army.

See what I'm getting at?

Would that mean our ultimate nemesis would be fleas, the mange and/or distemper?

Oh by the way I must be the shortest Space Wolf by a mile 5'5"...mind you I am Scottish and used to box for the Army.

I put flea collars on my units, thanks.

Grey ultramarines anybody??

Actually I would play grey Blood angels. the DC could be my wulfen, hell they get rending so that would work. Not sure about all the jump packs though

Guest WG Vrox

I have way to much time, money, sweat and joy invested into the wolves to convert, change and/or buy a different army. I would shelve em and not buy a single piece of GW merchandise until they return.

This thread depresses me.

WG Vrox

I dont understand why if that ever happened people would not just use them but with nilla rules or some other set of rules?? I guess there game rules are not as important to me as the Fluff behind them

Grey ultramarines anybody??

Actually I would play grey Blood angels. the DC could be my wulfen, hell they get rending so that would work. Not sure about all the jump packs though

Sad but I'd probably do the same... I really would be depressed though since the traits are gone and my true gritting GH's would be pointless now...

Archived