IA2 Updated for 5th Edition

Inquisitor Fox

Check it out! I just found a link to this on Bell of Lost Souls, it's a DLable PDF updating IA2 for Fifth edition, with new options for the Inquisition!!

They changed things like the rhino's point cost, added new rules and clarification for all our units, including Grey Knights and Sisters units!

IA2 Update

May all followers of the Emperor's Most Holy Inquisition rejoice!

Edit: Highlights include updated transport capacity for Land Raiders, additional Land Raider variants and options, updated points costs for Rhinos, additional Dreadnaught options for Grey Knights

Edit 2: A clarification... I found the INFORMATION on BoLS... the PDF itself is official Forgeworld, DLable on the Forgeworld Website

LOL! This is awesome! So two big things:

1) Notice the Inquisitorial Chimera? Looks like new goodies for IG and us, personally I like the idea of having such cheap fire platforms and might convince me to get some chimeras and model them up so I can use those autocannons!

2) So....Land Raider Crusader...can take Psycannon bolts. Wait? But it doesn't have any bolters on their except the Hurricanes? Oh, I guess that solves that discussion! :P Seriously, that is super sweet! But kinda rough you can't take a multi-melta on them. Oh well, makes them what they should be, a horde killer!

I'm going to have to see if they will allow me to use this at the place I play at...

LOL! This is awesome! So two big things:

I'm going to have to see if they will allow me to use this at the place I play at...

I myself am in the same boat...I started negotiations and already yes for the Rhino, but still no for the Repressor(Although it has always been no for the represor, I have no idea why).

This is cool, but ... I want GW to answer me this:

Why can Forgeworld update rules in a sane, orderly fashion but GW proper cannot?

Dear GW: I'm here all the time. I patiently await your response.

The only glitch I note is that it doesn't look like it's possible to create TLLC/ML Grey Knights dreadnoughts with the IA2 updates. That's ... wrong!! Standard Marine dreads can still do this. I can only guess that this is a sloppy oversight, too. Forgeworld has a long and proud history of sloppy/loose rules, too. But at least they're trying to fix them!

The only glitch I note is that it doesn't look like it's possible to create TLLC/ML Grey Knights dreadnoughts with the IA2 updates. That's ... wrong!! Standard Marine dreads can still do this. I can only guess that this is a sloppy oversight, too. Forgeworld has a long and proud history of sloppy/loose rules, too. But at least they're trying to fix them!

I noticed this too, but I also noticed by these IA2 rules, the Grey Knight dreanought is WS5 AND has the option to select a DROP POD!!

That's right.. we now have drop podded Grey Knight Dreads. How cool is that?!?

So... Drop podded multi-melta GK dreads with heavy flamers anyone? :pinch: I'm leaning towards the TLLC/CCW version myself, with a heavy flamer. It did lose the ability to upgrade the heavy flamer to an incinerator, but now it lets us do a CCW w/ hvy flamer AND an incinerator as it's "ranged" weapon.. deployed via drop pod :)

Ah the hampster wheel's are turning across the Imperium, I can feel it...

As far as I can tell, if a tournement allows IA models, yes they are. My local GW shops all let us use Forgeworld things... doublecheck with various administrators of tournements and things on a case by case, but everywhere on GW's site seems to indicate their policy is Forgeworld stuff is grade A okay. It's more the local non-GW hobby stores that seem to have issues. At least that's my experience. From a technical standpoint, I can see a case that if it's not in a codex or FAQ on GW's main Warhammer 40K site it's not the same, but in application every GW employee I've checked with says OK to all Forgeworld things.

You can use Imperial Armour material (including this FAQ) with your opponent's permission. Most people who actually know anything about anything would let you, as many IA stuff is actually considered more balanced than default GW stuff.

You'll probably also want to buy the IA2 rulebook.

Repressors are as cheap as the codex rhinos! that means i can change all the rhinos in my current list with repressors! I may have to get imperial armor 2 now and a bunch of repressors. ooo and as an IG player i cant wait until the new codex comes out, with those chimera points and new rules, looks sweet! oh and the Prometheus! glee glee glee ;)

See GW, thats all it takes to make an =][= player happy. small tweaks to help us feel like we are a part of 5e. I will definitely be using IA2 in my non tourney games.

-stinko

mech sisters or foot sloggers cause the points matter......whooo did not see that repressors were 50 pts....he hehe

There would still be the problem of mixing stats from different sources though wouldn't there?

e.g. Using the points from FW for the Rhino would also mean you'd have to use the FW Exorcist points as well, and it's dearer than the WH points...well, if you give it EA it is.

There would still be the problem of mixing stats from different sources though wouldn't there?

e.g. Using the points from FW for the Rhino would also mean you'd have to use the FW Exorcist points as well, and it's dearer than the WH points...well, if you give it EA it is.

You would have to use points from either one source or the other most likely. It would be rather frowned upon to mix prices...

I was considering getting myself a copy of this book and some repressors. Now I definitely will.

2) So....Land Raider Crusader...can take Psycannon bolts. Wait? But it doesn't have any bolters on their except the Hurricanes? Oh, I guess that solves that discussion! :devil: Seriously, that is super sweet! But kinda rough you can't take a multi-melta on them. Oh well, makes them what they should be, a horde killer!

Presumably that would be for a PM Storm Bolter. Unless they specifically say that Psycannon Bolts can be used for Hurricane Bolters (or just bolters on a vehicle) then I wouldn't count on it.

Hurrican Bolters are effectively three normal bolters IIRC, thus they "count as" bolters and I would think equipment that effects bolters effects them in this particular instance. Just me though.

Presumably that would be for a PM Storm Bolter. Unless they specifically say that Psycannon Bolts can be used for Hurricane Bolters (or just bolters on a vehicle) then I wouldn't count on it.

C:DH p 19 under the heading Daemonhunters Vehicle Upgrades- Psycannon Bolts says

.......~A storm bolter or heavy bolter (twin-linked or otherwise) with this upgrade counts as AP4 and ignores invulnerable saves; only normal armour saves may be taken.

Good to go :D

They upped the cost of thunderhawks by 220 points! fething cheap people.

jk lol I am off to try a drop pod dreadnaught with a multimelta.

On a side note the coffee shop next to the pub is almost as good as the pub itself. hopefully we can make it to the pub next!

Can someone please enlighten me, perhaps I am missing the obvious here... :o What are the advantages of the LR Prometheus for a command or honor guard? The weapons seem to be weaker than a standard LR without any special rules to offset this. Is it supposed to function like a Damocles? The update does not specify this and IA 2 is a bit vague. Please advise.

Archived