Calling all Deathwatch Players

Grand Master Tyrak

7eAL's Inquisition Project requires your aid! We are currently attempting to draw up rules for the standard (Troops) Deathwatch Kill-team. However, unlike GKs and SoBs, there is very little rules precedent to follow as Codex: Alienhunters never materialised. We require as many votes as possible to establish the base rules for Deathwatch, so we can progress onto other units for Deathwatch. Until the base unit is sorted we have no benchmark for the Deathwatch and so cannot balance other DW unit types.

Follow the link in my sig.

Race specific rules might be over-powered (if you fight orks you get X, tau you get Y, etc). In addition, race-specific equipment would encourage constant list tailoring, something I oppose.

The key for a DW army would be flexibility. The reason that codex: alien hunters hasn't come out yet could be that DW aren't much different than a standard marine army. Sure, they have the packing of the Ordo and some special equipment, but the essence of a marine force is flexibility.

Anyway, some units I see DW/AH having would be:

inquisitorial storm troopers

inducted eldar guardians, tau fire warriors, kroot, (for the radical inquisitor)

deathcult assassins (for assassinating that pesky ethereal, farseer, hive tyrant)

DW tac squads

DW assault - bp and ccw, cost includes jetpack, rhino, droppod, or teleportation

DW terminators

DW support squads - 5 to 10 marines with special weapons (flamers, meltas, plasma guns, etc) or heavy weapons on suspensors - mounted in razorback if 6 or less

DW Librarian (perhaps trained by tigerius?)

Glandwar veterans - inspired by the guard veteran from inquisitor - improved stats and equipment

I see DW as having lots of high tech gadgets...

That's all I've got for now...

Archived