What colours?

Amy

I found that a tough question to answer myself. I freely admit that I don’t have the best, “feel” for Slaaneshi daemons but at some point in time you need to put paint on models so you do the best with what you got.

(As you may have noticed) I ended up with a blackened purple skin color w/pink accents:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/16-FinalDaemonettes.jpg

But that was partially motivated by the colors chosen for the rest of the army, i.e. lots of deep reds & maroons. So I needed a color that would differentiate & complement at the same time.

Did you have any other thoughts for color in your army? Picking complementary or contrasting colors is always one way to look for inspirational palate choices.

-OMG

Thanks everyone for replying, the reason i asked the question is because it being my first Army i dont know their back ground Story, or what skin type they have.

The purple looks pretty damn awesome on them. I like the thought of maybe making them look like reptiles?

Greens, and yellows maybe?

I am so confused lol.

Well the answer is you can paint them whatever color you like. I've seen daemonettes painted in all colors but the ones that I find look the best are generally the purples and pinks. Although one of the staff in my local store is painting his ice blue (well enchanted highlighted ice) and they look really nice. I have seen yellow daemonettes and well they don't look terribly great. Yellows in general are one of the hardest colors to paint regardless because they are very low pigment colors, but apart from anything daemonettes are supposed to be almost 'humanoid' and so the idea of doing them yellow just isn't a good one.

I would like to see someone do daemonettes with fleshy skin sometime. I think that that would make a nice looking army for 40k. I wouldn't want to do it for fantasy because besides orcs every army has some sort of skin in that color on them and it will end up looking very samey.

As for the background there isn't any saying what color a daemonette is actually. In previous editions the traditional colors for them were a pinky off white but that was before they reduced the paint range and brought in the new washes. Back then tentical pink existed and there was no purple wash. Now they have tried to move the whole slaanesh range away from the concept of sex and more towards the 2nd ed background that he is the god of desire. So the models have been painted a much darker tone to keep in line with that.

But whatever you do pick a color you like, after all you are probably going to be painting with it for quite some time and if you pick the wrong one you may end up cursing yourself for a long time...

Random Guy

Actually I really like the idea of painting them like reptiles, could be very interesting if you can pull it off. The thing about slaanesh in general is that s/he tends to make his/her daemons much more personalised and individual than the other gods, with the possible exception of tzeentch, so paint them in whatever colours you like really.

Am i right in saying they discontinued pink?

My boyfriend mentioned something about that.

I don't want to take risks at the moment - like painting them reptiles as it will be difficult and these will be the first models i will ever paint.

Maybe sticking to purples would be for the best.

Sadly they did stop doing the pink I believe, but there are other paint companies out there, so if you really want pink it shouldn't be too hard to find, or mix some white into your purple, I think that gives a pink, but I've never actually tried it so I could be wrong.

Edit- Warlock purple is quite a light purple, almost pink, so if they still do that give it a go.

This is how i painted my 'nettes:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikeymouatt/daemons/FROM-hell057.jpg

The skin is just tallarn flesh washed with watered-down Hormagaunt purple,then tallarn re-applied and highlighted.

The metal is mithril silver also washed with hormagaunt purple(this was before the new washes were released).

Good luck with picking a scheme!

Arrived a few days ago, made them up.

Will start painting tonight.

I have finally decided on a paint scheme of pink for the outfits, shadow grey skin and scorpian green for the hair.

Will look really cool as this is the paint scheme in store for me.

Will post pics when they are finished.

Im working up on the hair with a goblin green base coat, working through with snot green, and then finally scorpian green :tu:

Now i need to beg, steal or borrow the paints off friends and boyfriend!

Im working up on the hair with a goblin green base coat, working through with snot green, and then finally scorpian green :tu:

I find that stealing works best, then if they question you just use your alluring slaanesh dance that they can't resist! :D

Sounds like these girls will be a refreshing change than the normal that most people do, can't wait to see them.

Im working up on the hair with a goblin green base coat, working through with snot green, and then finally scorpian green :)

I find that stealing works best, then if they question you just use your alluring slaanesh dance that they can't resist! ;)

Sounds like these girls will be a refreshing change than the normal that most people do, can't wait to see them.

Think ive done it now! They said i can borrow like a million paints haha.

Did you have any ideas for what other models you wanted to get amy? You can't paint daemonettes forever ;)

By the time i finish these, then - it will be forever!

I am thinking about doing Witch Elves at some point.

But to go with my Daemonettes i am going to do some pink horrors.

• 1 month later...

Just managed to hunt down tentacle pink.

Seriously difficult task.

It was in the back room off the windsor store so it got sent down to the Reading store for me.

Got it today and i think i will be able to finish my first model lol. Its taken me about a month or two!

Colours are:

Ice blue body

Green hair,

Tentacle pink outfits

First model is looking soooo good!

Pictures posted soon i promise.

Archived