My daemonettes.

Captain Malachi

I think you are off to a good start. If you don't think you are done yet, then you might try mixing a little Codex Grey with your base purple and then highlighting some of the musclature to add a little definition to their skin. Also, you could drybrush a little grey on their hair to help that stand out a bit as well.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

On the new dwarf no less :devil:

3 things that I want to nitpick at

1 the Gore, now unless they should have red tips, I would go back and redo the blood. Make it messy.

2 Eyes the grab of the model. Seem a little thick. The one on the back right's looks funky.

3 Bases. Ok ok ok I know, That green seems a little Meh to me. I say buy some green flock, Glue and dip.N

I really like the hair and teh color scheme. Nice shade of purple. Keep on going man, looking good.

if it was just a close up of the weapon covered in blood i'm sure ther would be no problem. For blood i tak a bit of blood red, some PVA/wood glue and mix together with a bit of water. It goes pink but the glue dries clear and leaves you with a shiny red. Add a darkish red base coat first and put the blood red mix over the top leaving some of the dark red showing and BAM - blood.

You models look nicely done, but i do think the hair needs a bit more depth to it. Drybrushing with a slightly lighter colour and then washing with a slightly darker one would do it the world of good.

Al

AH I didn't know you wanted a Tut. Alys Dwr beat me to my claim to fame gore recipe.

PVA/White Glue+ Blood Red+ Small Sand (just a pinch) + water

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100/Kuchinawa212/Minis2014.jpg

It's on his gorechild

Sorry on my tardyness.

Pure deamon guy huh?

Don't let my GKTermys see ya :o

Frost Knight brings up a good point, how do you want the blood to look. Just like bleed all over the claw or "Aww that's going to take a week to clean off" type gore?

Ahh Looks liek rips out guts huh?

And not on bloodletters? :P

Ok Blood it going to spray like mud. So think of what a truck or ATV looks like after a trek in mud. All splattered. I suggest a good deal of blood on the claws and some sprinkle on the rest. Use the toothbrush trick to "spray" the model in blood (blood red) and then use the gore detail above (maybe a little green stuff susages for Guts wrapped on teh ends of teh claws) and go to town with blood red and scab red.

Archived