Doomrider

Sheff

How would you use the Doomrider model? Put him on a large base and treat him as a Slaanesh DP with wings, or a Lord on a bike? I've recently found my old model (in need of repair).

But he IS daemon prince ...
Technically he was only counted as a daemon prince in terms of rules in 2nd ed.

He shared little with Daemon Princes, except the daemon vulnerabilities.

Remember that there were Chaos Lord Daemon Princes as well back then (50 pts or more daemonic wargear).

But he IS daemon prince ...
Technically he was only counted as a daemon prince in terms of rules in 2nd ed.

He shared little with Daemon Princes, except the daemon vulnerabilities.

Remember that there were Chaos Lord Daemon Princes as well back then (50 pts or more daemonic wargear).

well, in 3ed he have stats exacly like a daemon prince

it should be noted that lords and daemon princes only difference was Strenght - DP have 5.

So in his entire career he have stats of daemon prince and was used as such.

He was not in 3.5 codex.

Of course i would dont mind playing against him counts as lord on bike

yay! doomrider is my favorite chaos SC, always has been.

I think it would be much cooler to put him on a large base, and count him as a DP w/ wings. I mean, Its doomrider for christs sakes.

Doomrider was a souped up (+1WS) Chaos Lord with a bike that could 'jump' over terrain like a jump pack, a decent invulnerable save, 3 different shooting weapons (only one of which he could use in a given turn) and a power sword.

If you take a Chaos Lord under the new codex, give him a bike, the MoT and a Daemon Weapon his stats are almost exactly (str 4 instead of 5) the same as they were back then, except your Lord will have the potential for more attacks and longer shooting range.

A DP with wings under the new Codex will have 1 more WS, 1 more wound and 1 more strength, not to mention the Eternal Warrior rule. So I still think that looks and statswise a Chaos Lord comes closest.

A DP with wings under the new Codex will have 1 more WS, 1 more wound and 1 more strength, not to mention the Eternal Warrior rule. So I still think that looks and statswise a Chaos Lord comes closest lamest.

but DP's where much lower stat-wise back in the days of the glorious rider of slaanesh. as they have risen, so too should his. also, doom rider never had the ability to turbo-boost, so wings are actually closer to his old movement mode than current. (realistically, he should have a jetbike IMO).

weapons are tough with the DP route though. I belive he had a TL meltagun, plasma pistol and bolt pistol (havent looked at his rules in almost a decade :down:) not sure the best way to represent that. maybe doom bolt? (doomrider/doombolt, sounds good anyway)

finally, a lord on bike would have to deploy like a bike, a DP w/ wings could deep strike, much more representitive of 'he comes, he goes'.

I can't believe you found an old doomrider model.

I had one years ago that someone gave me, have no idea what might have happened to it.

I think I pirated the meltagun, have no idea what happened to the rest, it was in pretty bad shape when I got it.

Thanks for all of the replies, I've also asked my group what they think and they've come to the conclusion that if I suitably convert the model to look more daemon princey, then it'd be fine to use him as such. To show the merge of man and machine, I've decided to do most of the work on the bike itself i.e. model some wings on the bike. I'll post pics if it looks decent.

Archived