Canoness and Retinue #

Deadshane

On the latest armybuilder, doenst it allow for a FOUR person bodyguard? Celestians are normally 5+ squads, I know that bodyguards often have one less in the retinue.

I may be misreading something in the codex, but the codex doesnt seem to allow this.

I dunno if I'm missing something or not, essentially I'm trying to place a Cannoness, preist, and a bodyguard of 4 celestians(2xmelta, Imagifer, and Superior) in an Immolator.

Is this possible or no? My codex doesnt seem to allow it, but I have a 1st printing codex. I seem to remember armybuilder allowing it. Tell me if I'm missing an FAQ/Errata/Updated print or something.

Basically, Codex trumps general rules. The WH codex does not allow a 4 person retinue for a canoness. Though you could build almost the same thing with an inquisitor, then join a canoness to it for the ride with the new rules. No faith or acts of faith for the duration but it would be interesting.

Nope. There's not truelly a good place to put your priest, given that there's no truelly assaulty units in the Sisters army that it can join (well, it can join Repentia, but you're better off not buying them, they're a points sink and nothing more).

There's a box below the Heroine. It states:

The Adepta Sororitas may be accompanied by a squad of Celestians, chosen from the Elites section fo the army list. If chosen as retinue, they count as part of the same choice on the Force Organization chart as the Adepta Sororitas Heroine.

The Celestians Elite choice is 1 Sister Superior and 4-9 Celestians.

Why the hate against hooded chainsaw-toting bikini models? I'd think they'd be somewhat improved under 5th edition, based on "run" and striking rear armor on vehicles... All they need now is some kind of "armor of faith" act to give them a 4+ invulnerable save until the start of the player's next turn...

1: They don't have access to acts of faith.

2: They have only a 4+ armor save.

3: They cost 20 points each.

4: They're impossible to control and go after the closest enemy unit. Even if that unit is a single grot.

5: Initiative 1, 4+ save, toughness 3 means even when they reach close combat, they'll probably get slaughtered before they do any damage.

wont help them much a unit of sm without special weapons [plain bolters] can make make them useless in one turn of shoting [not speaking of hvy flamers , hvy bolters and stuff like that] run doesnt help , because if they do they cant charge . + with their sv and T , you need to take 10 man models [or more] but considering they do cost 20 pts each + need a misstress[more pts less eviscerator attacks + only power armored sister with a sv of +4].

All they need now is some kind of "armor of faith" act to give them a 4+ invulnerable save until the start of the player's next turn

well read the repentia rules and how they work with faith . one could as well wish for a 12" charge and fleet .

The only thing good about them right now is that they have an 18" charge (6" movement, +D6" Holy Rage, +6" assault), and with fleet they'd gain a 24" charge (+D6")-- still not really enough though, the enemy just needs to put a cheap throwaway unit or a strong assaulty unit with alot of attacks in the way.

Also, if you know the rules for the Acts of Faith, you'd know that the invulnerable save lasts only one phase, not one turn.

Wow...that is a lot of hate.

if you know the rules for the Acts of Faith

Believe it or not, I have read my codex well enough to know that each act is unique. No reason that the one I propose couldn't last a full turn.

They don't have access to acts of faith

Why would they have to have access to the ones the good girls get? Make this one repentia-only.

one could as well wish for a 12" charge and fleet .

Okay, for 20 points a model, I'll take that, too! :(

They have only a 4+ armor save

Uh, half the models in the game have a 4+ or worse...for a 20 point model, it's a bit low, though.

Mark my words, they'll get a rewrite in the next codex. GW will want to sell models, so they'll get a boost, especially if they're redone in plastic (which would be easier than robed models, like battle sisters). They'll be more worth taking, but if you expect them to be as killy/survivable as lightning claw terminators, you'll be disappointed. Sisters, like guard and tau, are meant to have the assault phase as a handicap. Expecting repentia to be much better than ogryns or not-in-the-woods kroot is unreasonable. In the meantime, I'm collecting a squad based on their fluffiness.

I'm surprised that small units of repentia aren't used as counter assault units... But I have a feeling they are to expensive for what I am thinking. So sad though, they are such beautiful models...

As for any unit being a "handi-cap" to the army... That's just sad... no unit should ever be a handi-cap to an army, instead what should happen is something fluffy and reasonable. They are called repentia for a reason, they are crazed sisters with 2 handed chain saws... khorne wishes his berserkers were that cool. Give them fleet, make them cheaper and remove the choice of movement... Just like berserkers they suffer a blood-craze type effect...

Too expensive, and too hard to control. Also, they can't be kept back for counter-assault anyway-- due to the Holy Rage special rule they MUST use their maximum movement, +D6, towards the nearest enemy unit.

Why would they have to have access to the ones the good girls get? Make this one repentia-only.

You do not understand. They cannot, in any way shape or form, use Acts of Faith. They are not faithful and cannot be joined by a faithful character, ergo, even if you WERE to make a repentia-only Act of Faith, they cannot use it because they are ineligable for any act of faith to begin with.

They enter Holy Rage on a 1 or 2. If you get anything other than a 1 or 2 and the Mistress is alive, then you re-roll it. Meaning, it's likely that by turn two, they'd end up in holy rage, charging past your lines.

Archived