Oh my, the conversion beamer and its tricks

Captin Xavier

Hey guys, good ol Cpt x here

Just been talking with a friend about the new SM dex, and he is very interested in the master of the forge with con. beamer.

So I got to thinking, what would a 'modern' con. beamer look like, ive looked at piccys of the old one and was ALMOST inspired :P

Then i realised that there is no current model for it so it was a chance for my kit bashing 'skills' to show through.

Ive have had a troll through all of the threads that the search function throws up and have found a fair amount of inspiration there.

I have a couple of initial designs for a hand/servo arm based weapon. They are both based on the tele homer that comes with the ranged termi box.

For those of you that dont know what the tele homer

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll153/Big_Boss_Gold_Toof/untitled.jpg

This is the fisrt design I came up with. This is what sprug to mind as soon as i heard the

words 'weapon' and 'conversion beamer'. Its kind of a mash up of a lascannon design but more of

an underslung version and and the tele homer ;)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll153/Big_Boss_Gold_Toof/conbeamer.jpg

So I consulted my friend and showed him the picture and he replied with ' Yeah it does look good

but I think that im my minds eye the converion beamer is more of a firey, beamy, doo-dad of death.

So I think that it may need a larger barrel and maybe a few wires etc. running from the weapon.'

So here is the improved design. NOTE: These are not to scale, just an image to get a rough idea of what it could look like

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll153/Big_Boss_Gold_Toof/conbeamer1.jpg

So B&C what do you think of the design so far, and please throw in any ideas that may help towards

creating the ultimate conversion beamer *insert evil laugh emoticon* :)

C&C as always welcomed with open arms and a warm embrace

Cheers

Cpt X

I don't consider a beamer to be the sort of thing to have a traditional barrel. It's not as if there is a shell or system of mirrors or anything needed. The models that have existed before haven't had openings at their fronts.

I always thought of it as a shoulder of servo harness mounted weapon. However I like this idea, the third pictures looks good.

Chees Snozz, I also thought that it was a servo mounted weapon but I wanted something a little different as most people will be putting it there

I like the third design,sorta looks like a mix between a flamer and a melta.

Good luck with this,if you can get all the wires and such and add some details( like cables) across the barrles,i think it'll look ace!

Thanks chaplainmikey i may get to work on the actual model as soon as I get paid

have you thought about the fact that that would be touching the floor ;)

looks more like a cannon to me but i do still like it

Thanks wiplash, i did say that these are concpet idea designs it wont actually be that big

I don't consider a beamer to be the sort of thing to have a traditional barrel. It's not as if there is a shell or system of mirrors or anything needed. The models that have existed before haven't had openings at their fronts.

I see what you mean, but i think that this sort of design idea conveys the huge amount of power that the con. beamer actually holds

Thnks for replys so far

Cheers

Cpt X

I don't consider a beamer to be the sort of thing to have a traditional barrel. It's not as if there is a shell or system of mirrors or anything needed. The models that have existed before haven't had openings at their fronts. -

The bolters dont have openings on the front so this point is kindve neglagible......

Ok, so scrap the barrel idea straigh out.

So should I be looking more toward the orks shokk attack gun for ideas? as in the fact that it has no barrel or opening?

For those of you who have played or seen halo, would the cannon on the wraith be more the idea?

Cheers

Cpt X

Archived