New Rulebook updates

muzzyman1981

Just noticed there is a new Errata/FAQ on the Warhammer 40k Gaming Article section.

One point that affects us (at least I very much think so, although I may be wrong which is nothing new) is the Dedicated Transports for Blood Claws...our Codex says only Blood Claws can use the transport bought for them and this new FAQ says that the Codex overrules the Rulebook (even though our Codex hasn't been changed since 3rd Ed).

Anything to discuss?

Yeah Wolf89 that's it. The thing I was refering to was the Dedicated Transport thing on the 3rd page....in our Codex it states, "Note that the only unit that may embark on the transport vehicle is the unit it was bought as an upgrade for, ...(ie, transport vehicles fo not provide a taxi service for the entire army!)." According to the new FAQ the Codex overrules the rulebook.

I remember a post not long ago discussing this and I was of the impression as some may recall that it was merely a "reminder" of the transport rule in the current (at the time) rulebook. However this new FAQ, as I read it, means that any transports Space Wolves get as a unit upgrade cannot be used any any other unit.

The other thing I want to mention is that it says "Note" at the beginning which using my own judgement says that it is not a Space Wolf rule but bringing you attention to a rule in the rulebook and reminding you of that, so therefore this would be subject to change now that the rule is gone from the new current rulebook, but hey that's me.

Most of the other stuff for us is just normal stuff but as I didn't see a post regarding this new update I thought I would throw something up and next time I do so I will include a link (I'm a bit hesitant to link stuff that is on a copyrighted website and all that =P).

Archived