Need a little help with some background..

LoneSniperSG

So I have two special characters for use with my Space Wolves and Sisters of Battle, and one with my Imperial Guard.

Hopefully it will make sense once I've explained everything. And trust me, this thread most likely belongs here. If not, please move it to Space Wolves forum.

This is just a short story I've written so far. I might make it longer and release it into the community.

(( Note: I am not taking a side in the female Astares thing here. I swear. I originally wanted a female Astartes.))

The tale of the Axe Sisters.

There is a legend passed around the halls of the Fang, the eternal fortress of the Space Wolves. It is whispered not in back rooms and dark halls, but in the chambers of Logan Grimnar himself.

The legend holds that long ago, the Wolf Priest Eyaar the Quiet happened upon a battle between two native clans of Fenris. Eyaar set himself back and observed as is recruitment tradition, but to his outright amazement, the clans completely destroyed eachother. The last two men he could see clove eachother in twain at the same moment, bringing about a most bizarre draw.

Unbelieving, Eyaar made his way into the village to seek out any surviving warriors. Unbent by the obvious slaughter that had occured, the grizzled priest happened upon a most gruesome sight. A pile of bodies rose up in front of an islander hut, all bleeding and broken.

The curious priest dug his way through the bodies, and barely dodged an axe swing to his head. He raised his mighty crozius up high, the weapon's baleful energy lighting the room. He beheld two young women, each perhaps 15 and each holding a bloodied war axe. The women fell to their knees at the sight of the great Wolf Priest, both showing signs of weariness. Eyaar stared at the girls for a moment, then spoke, pointing to the corpses outside the door. "You two, did you cause that?" Both women nervously looked up at the great Space Wolf and nodded. It was forbidden in most clans for women to fight, and theirs had been no exception.

The priest idly rapped his Crozius on his palm. "This is a strange circumstance, I tell you. Never before has this happened to a Wolf Priest." Eyaar turned to the door and stared out at the bloody sea.

"Yet, you two are the only survivors, and it was not by chance. You have shown me your courange and strength of will. Fighters ye may be, so you will come with me and we will decide what happens to you." Eyaar cast a sidelong glance at the girls as he heard a Thunderhawk approach. "So. Come along then."

-------------------------------

"This is most unheard of, brother Priest." Declared Logan Grimnar. "You say these girls felled fifty men?"

"Aye lord, they did. Counted the bodies myself." Eyaar swept his arm out to the two females. "They are the only survivors. They showed strength of will and strength of heart. By the grace of Russ and the Allfather, they are fighters."

"Brothers we are, Eyaar. There can be no sister Astartes." Grimnar stood and moved to the girls. "So.. warrior women you are. Declare your names."

"Birna and Lilith" The girls spoke.

Grimnar stroked his beard, thinking the matter over.

"My lord, if I may suggest something?" Spoke the Wolf Priest Gautr Firemaw "I believe we should deliver them to the Sisters. They have shown us the strength of warriors, and what better fitting way to handle them? They would fit right in with the Sororitas."

Logan nodded at this. "So it shall be. We will alert Canoness Malora to this."

--------------------------

Here is how far I am for now. I haven't come up with a way to separate them just yet. One goes on to become a Canoness of the Order of the Icy Rose, and the other goes on to become a renowned tank commander in the 51st Cadian Imperial Guard regiment. I'm thinking that Lilith will run away from convent, seeking a different life of service, but If you want to pitch an idea, let 'er rip, though I'm mostly looking for opinions on the events here. Is this an actual feasible origin for a Canoness..?

(( Note: I am not taking a side in the female Astares thing here. I swear. I originally wanted a female Astartes.))

Good, cos;

A: If you had opened that can of worms, this thread will get deleted. There's no maybe.

b: I'll burn you at the stake if you even think of it again :D

Now, onto your fan fiction...

I have to say I like it. The girls are definately orphans (cos everyone from their clan is dead), they are born warriors, and they come from a notoriously harsh world which deplores witch-craft in all it's forms. So as far as joining the Sisterhood goes;

No parents? Check

Fanatical warriors? Check

Hates sorcery? Check

Interesting that the Wolf Priest was in the area, let alone turning them over to the Sororitas...the Space Wolves generally leave the people of Fenris to their own devices. Potential candidates have to come to them, they don't normally go recruiting. Presumably the Wolf Priest was from one of the clans involved or something similar, so he took an interest in the outcome.

they would at best ended as thrall to the sw , sm are not interested in women so there is a rather big chance the WP would just leave them there . As the handing down to the AS goes . Well there really isnt much love between the SW and them. the religion system of fenris is different from what the AS have . that would be problematic . Also crazed and different doesnt work well the rather strickt system the AS have build up since the age of apostaty .

At the same time, the Astartes are, well, Astartes. The Space Wolves are especially close to the Emperor, being a first founding chapter, and so the Sisters may very well revere them as His agents, not to be questioned unless they get a bit too chaos-y. Remember that the Sisters worship the Emperor, and the Space Marines are in effect his sons, his creations, who have loyally served the Imperium all these years.

The Inquisition and the SWs don't exactly love each other. The Great Wolf has criticised the Inquisition more than once, and being a First Founding Chapter they've got away with it. That said, I do think they maintain a small group of friendly Inquisitors, sort of a mini-faction, so they could deliver to the Sororitas via them. The Ecclesiarchy in general doesn't like the Marine 'cults' of venerating the Emperor, especially as they do not see him as a god. Just a minor point on SW-Inquisition relations, nothing a quick edit can't fix.

similar to the fluff for my sisters that are allies for my BA they are a small collection of sisters who have just founded a new order and have the first covenant on baal secondus in honor of sanguinius. for those of you who think sisters worshipping a primarch as a saint is unfluffy remember sanguinius is a saint to the imperium and is the only primarch to have a feast day in his name.

And certianly any Sister could see something to admire in Leman Russ and his using his immense strength and ferocity in the name of the Emperor. Really, all of the loyalist Primarchs could probably qualify as a saint.

Interesting that the Wolf Priest was in the area, let alone turning them over to the Sororitas...the Space Wolves generally leave the people of Fenris to their own devices. Potential candidates have to come to them, they don't normally go recruiting. Presumably the Wolf Priest was from one of the clans involved or something similar, so he took an interest in the outcome.

Not correct. The Wolf Priests are the ones who scout the clans and select the warriors that become SW aspirants. Most of the people of Fenris don't really know anything of the Fang or the SW other than myths and legends.

Space Wolves recruit the fallen just as I depicted. Wolf Priests go out on little trips around Fenris to find battles among the people. They're like the Valkyries of norse legend, they take the warriors who show the best potential to be a Space Wolf.

The idea of Firemaw's suggestion came from a campaign story I have written up elsewhere. The Canoness mentioned has been through quite a few wars alongside my Space Wolf company, and has earned respect from the Wolves of Russ. (Being probably the -only- one.)

I am well aware of the distance between the Space Wolves and the Inquisition already. The idea of a few Inquisitors having good relations with the Space Wolves ( Or maybe the other way around..) could be supported effectively in two of the Space Wolf books, where Ragnar Blackmane is paired up with a lesser, but still rabid, Inquisitor with little to no attitude problem.

I'm glad this was well received. I feared rotten tomatoes or other gross things would be thrown at me after my post.

Reclusiarch, I believe you are wrong, wolf priests are the sole recruiters for the space wolves, they select those who they believe did best in combat. Notably they are capable of "raising the dead"... Simple marine field healing basically...

That said they are also willing to pick the living, but usually what they draw from are the dead. They tend to show the most ability when they kill great numbers but die after being overwhelmed, this is what they look for. That said... It's interesting... I think that the wolf priest should have some divine about his choice to bring them to the chapter, this will make it more believable as a reason to bring them back. Even the basic humans are not brought to the chapter directly without going through the training phase at the training camps... If I recall correctly they are field dressed, and enhanced at the camps then proceed from there through to basic training.

I think that the wolf priest should have some divine about his choice to bring them to the chapter, this will make it more believable as a reason to bring them back. Even the basic humans are not brought to the chapter directly without going through the training phase at the training camps... If I recall correctly they are field dressed, and enhanced at the camps then proceed from there through to basic training.

Actually during the time I wrote this, I completely forgot about that, but seeing as how they are not even capable of becoming Astartes, it might make more sense from the Priest's perspective to just bring them to the Great Wolf.

Could anyone spare me some ideas on how to split them up? If Lilith doesn't run away from convent, then let's say she is MIA from her order when they go to battle. Perhaps she is thrown somewhere by an explosion, suffers head trauma and loses her memory.

I still think logan grimnar is a little "much". Contacting the sisters on his own might be a little more believable but whatever your choice be always happy to read new fluff...

Maybe you are correct. The two wolf priests are from the Iron Fang Company.. and as I stated before, that company is the one that has fought beside Canoness Malora.

Archived