Carrion

Hello,

just painted my first model after a 15 year absence to the delights of 40k. What do you think?

I think I need to smooth out my highlights on the green armour, and the white shoulder pad is a bit patchy, but on the whole I'm pretty pleased. The shoulder pad has been left blank on purpose, as I fancy a go at some custom decals once I get a colour printer.

The marines are fallen Blood Ravens and I'm still working on the name. I was thinking of The Carrion Cabal, or The Carrion Cult (I like the alliterations), but I seem to have recently stuck with just Carrion. Keeps it simple.

Any comments will be appreciated.

gallery_33830_2821_898284.jpg

gallery_33830_2821_235182.jpg

gallery_33830_2821_162664.jpg

This is an excellent clean miniature. I must admit though, I have a hard time shaking off the christmas associations with the colour scheme. I'm sure adding the chapter symbol will alleviate that though.

I would probably paint the arrow on the bolter metal though, just to break up that red space. I'm also not too keen on the blue grenade, looks a bit random in terms of colour choice.

I think The Carrion or Carrion Cabal sounds great for chapter names, you could add details like black feathers here and there ( small plasticard cut outs and DW bits could work) to really drive home the 'carrion' thing.

I was a little timid with using more exagerated highlights on this first model, but I hope that will come with practise.

Christmas? The thought never crossed my mind until you mentioned it Gafgarion, but now every time I look at him I'm imagining little pieces of tinsel and fairy lights strewn around his neck.

Just glad I didn't put them on snowy bases! I'm picturing a squad of Noise Marines like this, blasting Slade out across the battlefield (shudder!).

I like the feather idea - I shall give that some thought.

Thanks both of you!

I really like it!

The colour scheme is unusual,but i really like the combination of the green for the majority of the armour and the red for the bolter and back pack.

The white shouldar pad is a nice touch too.

Looking forward to seeing more of these marines!

Archived