Glamour of Tzeentch

Captain Malachi

quite frankly, It isnt clear at all.

A friend of mine play daemons, and uses the changling every game pretty much, when we first played we assumed it was only a once per game thing. Then i read up on some webistes that people weren't sure, so i discussed it with him before a game, his eyes lit up with the possibilties, but then i asked him, "if i was using changling, do you think it should be used once per turn or as often as possible?"

This sorted the matter amongst our gaming group ;)

I would vote no, and would not accuse games of trying to cheat, but would ask them how they can justify a character like this for the costs having the potential to do soo much damage to an enemy army.

It says "when an enemy unit is about to fire" which doesn't mean only oen per turn. It isn't restrictive, so it looks like any enemy unit within 24" has to test to shoot every turn. I've used him a bunch, and it's only worked once. A landspeeder tornado and hb-razorback were about to fire at my horrors, and if he killed them (which seemed likely) the game would be a draw. So he fired with the razorback first, failed, and I shot down his tornado with the heavy bolters!

I've used him a bunch, and it's only worked once.

That really depends what you mean by "worked", I see my opponent refusing to try it just incase as it working. Well thanks guys, the rules I guess do say it can be used multiple times, but in the interest of fairness I doubt I'll use it that many times.

Im still not convinced that the rules state that to be honest, as it makes it rather powerful against low ld armies. especially for the cost of the changling. generally powers are used once per turn (in regard to daemonic abilties), but these generally count as shooting so theres no confusion.

RAW, i would say you can, but be prepaired to be called beardy.

other shooting defense powers, like stealth or shielding, are checked on a per-shooting-unit basis. while it makes the Changeling quite a value, I don't see a good argument against checking per unit there, either.

Archived