space wolf trained chapters

deathjezter6

I know that there are no SW successor chapters (other than the Wolf Brothers and they all died) but are there any SW trained chapters? As far as I know the chapter that you get your gene-seed from isn't the chapter that has to train you, right? Any help is welcome.

However over nearly 11 thousand years..... somebody verywell may have. I remember seeing a Green+Gold "Celtic" space marine army a while back that had alot of shield sand heads from the fantasy dwarf line all over it.... The story had been that they had been created during X founding and were in the general area of the eye of terror *sorry not long on specifics... its been three years* but they used spacewolf rules and saw the wolves as "older brothers". I figure something like that isnt unlikely, just not highly encouraged by much of the empirium. Any Great Wolf worth his salt knows the importance of having good relations with your fellow astartes.

Somebody did a DIY chapter like that, sand foxes or something like that. Sure you can do a DIY chapter with SW rules. But who knows about chapters being trained by sw. Maybe in the art of drinking.

you could do a gaurd regiment all wolfed out and have them count as Fenrisian bondsmen/chapter serfs

Guest WG Vrox

In the book Wolf Blade by William King, there were many references to the fact that an imperial guard like security force was trained and lead by Space wolves who at the time were soldiers of the Celestrach called wolf blades. They provided these services to the House of Belisarius in return for service of navigotors to pilot the wolve's starships through the warp.

I believe there were maybe a dozen or two wolf guard assigned to this duty at any given time, however the training recieved from the wolfblades could be used as a basis for imperial guard army lead by those wolf blades or a Space Marine chapter trained by a high ranking Celestrach watch commander.

WG Vrox

ok thanks. as a matter of fact i am doing a DIY chapter and was just curious. i probly wont have them trained by SWs though i dont see any reason for them to take that level of interest in my chapter. The imperial gaurd regiment thing isnt that bad of an idea do you mind if i pass it to one of my friends?

Guest WG Vrox

Sure go for it.

My standing policy is take anything I post and use it, but I only ask that he does so, to first have him post here as he develops the idea, rules and list. But most important is to have him name one of his WG after me. I am working on the whole immortality thing, and will take it anywhere I can get it. ;)

WG Vrox.

Here is my take on this....

While there are no "official" Chapters that have been trained and/or use Space Wolf gene-seed, that doesn't preclude the making of an Astartes Chapter in that line. That is the great thing about Warhammer 40k, you can make ANYTHING you want AND play in the games as long as you pick a Codex to use as your base, for rules and points.

Go for it, and let us know how it turns out.

Make what you want. Thats the beauty of 40K.

But officially, the answer is no.

Because of thier highly unorthodox tactics, and sometimes boarderline heritic behaviour, Terra keeps the Wolves well isolated from new chapters.

Training guard is ok, they are just for dying, but the Inquisition is still trying to decide if Grimnar is a heritic or not, and as such, they keep the Wolves to themselves.

Make what you want. Thats the beauty of 40K.

But officially, the answer is no.

Because of thier highly unorthodox tactics, and sometimes boarderline heritic behaviour, Terra keeps the Wolves well isolated from new chapters.

Training guard is ok, they are just for dying, but the Inquisition is still trying to decide if Grimnar is a heritic or not, and as such, they keep the Wolves to themselves.

What the heck are you talking about? Are we DA? We´re no boarderlin heretics and even the big ][ will not questioning our loyalty to the Imperium. It was Logan who led the Defense of the Cadian Gate. They´re at best a bit suspicious about our mutation (Fangs) but that´s it.

What the heck are you talking about? Are we DA? We´re no boarderlin heretics and even the big ][ will not questioning our loyalty to the Imperium. It was Logan who led the Defense of the Cadian Gate. They´re at best a bit suspicious about our mutation (Fangs) but that´s it.

/agreed

You have to remember that Logan is revered accross the Imperium and IS the most respected Space Marine of his time period. The only other that comes close is Dante, but even he (with all his years over the rest) acknowledges Logan's expertise and respects him.

If you were to ask the people on the street who they'd elect president, they wouldn't say Calgar, oh no, they'd be chanting Logan! ;) (note there is no president, just a bunch of in-breed swine called the high lords that sip their appletinis while "sucking the bottle dry")

Read the last 2 pages of our most recent codex....

From a member of the Ministorium...

"To summarise, the Space Wolves maintain a feral warrior code which could be termed a system of religious beliefs in only the broadest terms. In many ways I am reminded of the mystic warrior lodges of Davin which the legends tell us tainted Horus in ancient times and brought about the Great Heresy. The Space Wolves have already proven their ability to stave off the most determined attacks on thier realm, so overt action is out of the question. However I believe that it is imperative that this particular Space Marine Chapter is closely monitored for signs of abomination and that whatever influence can be brought to bear upon the Inquisition to take an interest in this matter should be applied forthwith."

Im sorry... but that is a ranking member of the God-Emperors holy church... and he said the only reason that they havent INVADED is that they don't think they could WIN.

read it again... "The Space Wolves have already proven their ability to stave off the most determined attacks on thier realm, so overt action is out of the question"

They are comparing our faith to the Lodges that caused the Great Heresy...

And the Ministorium is calling for the wolves to be monitored against ABOMINATION... and asking the Inquisition to investigate us ASAP.

If that isn't them thinking we are boarderline... what will it take?

Sure, the PEOPLE of the Imperium LOVE the Wolves.... but the people in POWER fear and hate us.

And thats not from any book other than the codex itself.

Remember that the ecclisiarchy and the inquisition and the administratum dont all get along. In fact they come close to hating each other in some places... and the high lords will never quite let the whole "age of apostacy" thing go.... god emperor only knows why.

Inquisitors have worked with the wolves.... you dont hear about any purging. We send members to the deathwatch.... it doesnt bring down wrath. And reading the Eye of Terror Codex youll find a good bit of fluff about how beloved the space wolves are to the people around the eye of terror. Why? Because to the chapter as a whole the imperial citizens are not cannonfodder. Those who are in the gaurd are expected to do their duty. Those who are civilians are expected to help out as best they can. They are not considered disposable assets in the same way that many gaurd commanders see them, or a boltershell.

Who else would lay out an inquisitor and drop pod a planet to prevent exterminatus on a civilian population?

The stuff in our Codex is from ONE Inquisitor and if you read the stuff his "clerk" sent him you would see that the Inquisitor pretty much has his own preconceived notions. By and large the Space Wolves are well respected as a fighting force, due to the slight mutation of our fangs is tiny compared to how much the Wolves have helped the Imperium. Remember there are untold billions of people in the galaxy, those excerpts were taken from one of thousands of Inquisitors.

Back on topic, I would really like to see someone come up with a non-13th Co unit. I have been thinking about doing the same with there being another attempt of starting a Space Marine Chapter using Space Wolf gene-seed and letting the little mutation be a non-issue (Shoot, the Imperial Guard use Ogres and whatnot why can't a Space Marine Chapter have some long teeth says one Imperial citizen) and have a small unit of regular Space Wolves be a unit there to train them, and my Chapter would only be one Great Company worth of fluff as they would then go on to train the rest of the Chapter.

I like your idea muzzyman, i am no talking gene-seed though i'm just talking about the Wolves being sent off to train my chapter. If i am reading this correctly there are no documented cases of this happening but i could still do it, it wont be going against fluff? If that is so since you guys are Wolves i thought i might as well ask this question to you why would they take such an interest in my chapter? (this question might be more for the Liber Astares, if so i'll move it)

Well it could be that although your Chapter may have been started using, heck, Ultramarine gene-seed those making up the Chapter may be more of a wild temperment due to a Fenris-like recruitment world. Being such a case (and I'm not saying you HAVE to do this) previous training units from the Ultramarines and other Codex following Chapters could not handle the more wild Chapter so they thought, lets fight fire with fire and ask the Space Wolves to train your Chapter.

So a small unit of about 20 Space Wolves led by a trusted Wolf Guard were sent to get your Chapter up to standards and in the process was taught combat strategies more in line of the Space Wolves (which is why you use the Space Wolf Codex, if that is what you are also aiming for).

As for going against fluff, as we keep saying although it would probibly never be official it could theoretically happen due to the sheer amount of crap in the Warhammer 40k universe. But what the heck do I know? =P

Archived