Wolf Pack Thorn

Guest WG Vrox

Guest WG Vrox

Vrox intentionally lead his pack into the thick black smoke that was billowing out from what seemed a dozens different vehicles of all types and sizes. Knowing his power armor would easily filter out the toxic fumes, he used the orc’s exhaust smoke as cover to approach the unexpecting horde. Pulling his wolf pack within range of their bike’s heavy weapons, the immense battle filled the horizon. Then and all at once, all hell broke loose.

The side cars fired their mounted melta guns and two streaks of bright red lines struck the battlewagon one in the front and one in the rear. The resulting explosion crushed the wagon inward and upward. The massive green bodies of orcs flew up hundreds of feet and while still in the air, secondary explosions from stored munitions were set off and shredded the tense bodies with shrapnel of all shapes and sizes resulting in orc body parts of all shapes and sizes.

Even though Vrox was braced for it, he was nearly thrown from his bike when the explosion’s concussion reached him. Quickly recovering he looked back to see if his pack were also able to steer through the blast, all three of them were on course and already picking out a new target. As he looked for himself, he could see that the explosion earned them the attention of several buggies and a few bikes which were already veering off from the main force and headed their way. Turning sharply to the left he was just barely able to avoid the crisscrossing lines of buzzing lead in front of him. The steering correction forced him to head straight at the oncoming vehicles, “good” he thought, “just the way I like it”.

He could make out two bikers and three buggies. The buggies were the immediate threat and now in his sights. Pressing his left thumb down, his bike’s bolters erupted. The thundering sound was quickly joined by the rest of his pack’s front mounted bolters and when the side car’s heavy bolter opened up it sounded like a chorus of death. Together they carved their own lines, but theirs were carved into the buggies and bodies of the orcs themselves. Two of the three buggies flipped and seemed to hover upside down in the air just for a moment before slamming to the ground.

Even before he had time to take a breath, a blazing white light caused his eye’s second membrane to instantly close. The attack bike to his left seemed to at first glow whitish blue then with bright flash shatter into nothingness. Vrox yelled the Fenrisian word “Jalla” into his helmet’s mic and together as one they turned sharply to the right putting the last orc buggy with the heavy gun into the sights of his own heavy guns. Again two bright red lines formed and though one missed, the other found its target. The result was like watching a candle melt from a tremendous heat. It seemed as if the buggy just melted into a pile of slag. When the buggy stopped moving forward, three fire balls that were once orcs were catapulted into the air, then still having momentum, started tumbling, into bone breaking summersaults. The bodies were soon not recognizable as parts of burning orc few in all directions.

They were now left with three oncoming orc bikers. They seemed to be rethinking their decision to take on his pack. The orcs made their decision and started to turn back towards their fellow greenskins. It was their last decision. Vrox again spoke one word “Zuke” and his pack as one turned back to the left and headed straight at the disengaging orcs. Bolter fire from all three bikes tore them apart even before they were able to get fully turned. It seemed the decision to turn and run was popular with the rest of the orcs as well.

As he hoped, the battle wagon they destroyed was the lead vehicle for the orcs offensive and must have held the orc leader himself. Knowledge from the learning machines once again served him well. The horde now broken into small mobs were trying to reform their masses but the sustained fire from the skirmish lines proved to be too much and they continued to run. The wolves were still left in control of their objective. Watching the fleeing orcs Vrox knew now was not the time to chase down the orcs, low on fuel and his pack suffering from multiple gun hits, it was time to head back to base for medical help and report in.

On the ride back he knew it would not be long before his pack would be in the halls of the fang toasting the courage and honor of their fallen pack brothers. It was a great loss, Wylin and Hess were more than fellow soldiers, part of the pack formed even before becoming blood claws. They had fought and rode together in hundreds of battles and drank thousands of pints of ale, their presence in the pack will be sorely missed. Vrox knew to be a space wolf for the Imperium of mankind is to live and die for Russ, for the Emperor. To bring honor and glory to his wolf brothers, to those that died before him and those that would come long after him was his destiny. Countless numbers have died protecting the worlds of mankind and without doubt the future will demand the deaths of countless more.

Written by WG Vrox.

Ok first of all its a good story, its just some things dont tally to well.

would be minutes before his wolf brothers would be in hand to hand combat with the orcs. Something he new first hand was a thing to be avoided

why would SW avoid CC

wolf brothers would surely die today, this is what he live for; going in for the kill at full speed

this makes Vrox sound more like a meber of the speed freek cult rather than a SW

[u]Vrox again spoke one word “Alpha” and Delta[/u]

SW would speak fenrisian amongst themselves not Imperial Gothic

Vrox knew to be a marine for the Imperium of mankind is to live and die for Russ, for the Emperor and is the greatest honor a man could achieve

Get rid of "marine for the imperiam of mannkind" and put "SPace wolf" in that part instead

Sorry it seems so critical but I was just working on some course work for my English Lit degree and thats put me in an overly critical mood.

Guest WG Vrox

lol, well at least someone made a comment, knew I could count on you :)

Come now wolf brother we all know shooting the orcs is some of the best fun. They die so violently, but I agree and will put something in to fix it.

will work on an update tonight. lol now you have to read it again.

Guest WG Vrox

A tribute to Wylin and Hess. My the emperor judge those souls worthy.

A most excellent tale awaits you back at the Fang of how they faired in the battle this tribute was sculpted from.

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq71/WG_Vrox/Thorn-A.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq71/WG_Vrox/Thorn-b.jpg

OK, Beef the story has been edited and I agree the changes flow much better and relate.

WG Vrox

The models are painted really well, I love that grey. the story flows better now. Just one last point not that I can talk when it comes to grammer or spelling but what does this meen

"their presents in the pack will be sorely" did they leave presents for the pack? Like scarves and things?? Only kidding I know you meant presence

Guest WG Vrox

I just finished the models yesturday, darn thing took me 2 days and I got 2 more to go, aggh. Plus of course WG Vrox on a SMB> This SMB was my first painted vehcial and I am amazed at all the little detail pieces that need to be pulled out and pained.

Not sure if you notice from first glace but the spear's previous owners still has his hand attached to it. :huh:

Also thanks for the edit help, first time I ever wrote a short story outside of high school 20 years ago.

WG Vrox

Archived