Retinue Conversions...

Tauren

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for retinue conversions? I want to keep a knightly theme to my army and was considering doing something along the lines of buying a techmarine + servitors for use as servitors and possibly using the techmarine as something... Was curious as to if anyone also has any thoughts on using a space marine devastator squad, converting it into "power armored" servitors and having them equipped with the heavy weapons they come with as a cheap alternative to buying the servitors. Go at them with guitar wire and other such additions to servitor them up then sculpt the helms with GK's similar knightly look. Planning to run them with the inquisitor that has knightly looking helm as well.

If you ebay stuff, check for bits stores like Hoard O Bits. You can find lots of Fantasy bits like tabards and knightly swords or spears and such. Create your own fluff if you want to as well to help explain some conversions, and don't be afraid to be creative so long as you can explain the wargear options.

Yep that's the plan. I just finished stripping 21 of the grey knights I got on ebay (need to go at some areas with a tool though). Currently I have plans for converted sisters of battle (hopefully getting a sword on each hip, and the lower-jaw part of the grey knight helms GS'ed on) which shall be called the Order of the Silver Sword (sabre?). Seraphim getting a similar touch. The main things I need to cover ideally is a good-looking retinue for an inquisitor (lord). Shooty obviously and I think a devastator squad GS'ed with guitar wire and all the extra bits should do it. Then all I really need is models for the mystics/sages and I can't seem to find any good ideas for those without paying through the nose for an inquisitor box. Horde o Bits might do it though, but need to find ideas for that. Although the techmarine model does peek my interest... would make sense that even GK's would have a techmarine to take care of all their arcane devices... Tech-priests all catch my eye and either would work for a sage/mystic in a highly tech-based retinue for fire-power.

My plan, was to use scouts with sniper rifles and combining them with the plastic space marine devastator bits for the heavy weapons. I think they would look great with their capes, which matches the DH inquisitors, and they are in carpace armour to boot. So if I ever get to that project, that is how I would do it.

Archived