red corsairs for beginers

Fury_of_Fenris

hey there guys ive finally made my decision and thats chaos marines. i really like the red corsairs and intend to start a corsair army. i have a couple of white dwarfs with the tale of four gamers. i want to design an army very similar to the one the guys doing in tale of four gamers. it seems pretty good and he seems to win a lot of games with them. i was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this as id love to hear them. thanks in advance

have no idea what the tale or 4 gamers army was like but RC's tend to be very basic csm armies.

Buy lotsa csm, some rinos, maybe a LR or a pred.

I wouldn't go too much by the armies in WD, they all tend to suck, so one wouldn't necessarly have to be that good, to do well against other WD armies. But like I said I don't know what the WD army consisted of. Why don't you make a tenditive army list and people can help you more.

I think I remember the guy actually states in the last WD that the army doesn't quite perform as well as he'd like. And he's not quite sure how to fix it, from memory he wants to add a dreadnaught to do so. :lol:

I think he has:

Huron

Chaoslord

5 terminators

3 csm squads, two with rhino

and a predator.

You'd be better served browsing around this website for some more information.

As an example, here's the Red Corsairs list I'm currently in the middle of building:

Huron Blackheart – 170

Chaos Terminators – 5x Terminators, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist, Chain Fist, Terminator Champion w/ Dual Lightning Claws - 200

Chaos Space Marines – 9x Marines, Flamer, Chaos Glory, Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon, Rhino - 215

Chaos Space Marines – 10x Marines, 2x Flamer, Chaos Glory, Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon, Rhino - 235

Chaos Space Marines – 10x Marines, 2x Plasma Gun, Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, Rhino - 255

Chaos Space Marines – 10x Marines, 2x Meltagun, Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, Rhino - 245

Land Raider – Daemonic Possession - 240

Vindicator – Daemonic Possession - 145

Vindicator – Daemonic Possession - 145

Very mechanized. My 10-man, double Flamer squad is modeled as Night Lords (see the Chaos fluff entry in the 5th ed. Rulebook) and I'm modeling the Champion in my 10-man squad as a fallen Techmarine to justify Daemonic Possession.

ok guys thanks for the advice heres a little list i put together for 750 to start with

HQ

huron blackheart= 170

TROOPS

9x marines, flamer, rhino, ( these guys will ride with huron)

total= 175

10x marines, champion, powerfist, 2x plasma gun, rhino

= 255

HEAVY SUPPORT

predator with autocannon extra armour, heavy bolter side sponsons

= 115

total= 715 all up that huron 2 troops choices and a predator

theres 35 points left there i was thinking extra armour on the pred and maybe something else dunno

i'd drop the melta gun from the first unit of marines, hurons got a heavyflamer and a powerfist for tanks, in 750 krak grenades will do the job well enough and whacking down 3 flamer templates is brutal in small games. for the melta to be effective the rest of the guys will probably be ineffective.

maybe drop a guy and get a combi flamer? 4 templates once would be a surprise?

also that should bring ya points back in the green

You have only 9 marines in the Huron squad, so you can only have 1 special weapon.

Also with Huron in there you could opt to skip the champion and take an icon of Khorne to get more out of assault.

as you can see ive changed the list quite a bit ive dropped a champ and that i was thinking extra armour on the pred or something i dunno what does you guys thinks?

HQ

huron blackheart= 170

TROOPS

9x marines, flamer, rhino, ( these guys will ride with huron)

total= 175

10x marines, champion, powerfist, x plasma gun, 1x meltagun, rhino

= 250

HEAVY SUPPORT

predator with twin linked lascannon,extra armour, heavy bolter side sponsons

= 150

total= 745 all up that huron 2 troops choices and a predator

Archived