Battle Report vs. Tau

Venter_Of_Russ

So, I ended up fighting a different Tau army tonight than I had expected, but it still went very much so in my favor.

My list:

2 x Venerable Dreadnaughts with MultiMelta, Heavy Flamer, Dreadnaught CCW, extra armor.

Drop pods.

15 Blood Claws, 3 power weapons, flamer

Land Raider Crusader

10 Grey Hunters with 9 bolters, 2 power weapons, and a flamer

Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters with 9 bolters, 1 power weapon, 1 power fist, and a flamer

Wolf Guard Pack Leader with TDA, Runic Charm, Twin Lightning Claws

Drop Pod

He had, much to my surprise, nothing but fire warriors, suits, and drones. Not a vehicle or kroot in sight. We rolled spearhead deployment with an annihilation mission.

Turn 1, Me: I drop both dreadnaughts in, one doesn't scatter and the other scatters in such a fashion that there was nothing but mishap terrain for the full distance (Such that the drop pod's guidance system reduced the scatter to 0). The Land Raider moves up 12 inches. The dreadnaughts fire their heavy flamers and multimeltas into a couple crowds of fire warriors, killing about 20 all together. The LRC opened up with it's assault cannons on the biggest crisis team, knocking out a few drones.

Turn 1, Him: He brings a Broadside out of it's hiding spot behind a ruin, fires it's railgun and plasma rifles at a dreadnaught. Glances once with a plasma rifle, gets crew shaken. The railgun hits, but fails to even glance. A 3 crisis suit team opens up on the dreadnaught with plasma rifles, twin linked, and glances a couple times; never gets better than crew shaken. (Had to make him reroll one of them :-p). His commander in a crisis suit shot a fusion blaster at a dreadnaught, hit, penetrated, rolled a 6, rerolled a 1. Crew shaken :-).

Turn 2, Me: Both Grey Hunter packs come in from reserves. Feeling ballsy, I try to land both pods very near his corner edge, and both scatter dice get perfect hits. The grey hunters pour out, the LRC moves up and unloads the blood claws, and suddenly the very diminished tau army is very much so surrounded. One of the grey hunter packs opens up on his ethereal and body guard, who had been winged by the tip of one of turn 1's heavy flamers. Another 5 fire warrior bodyguards drop, along with 2 of the ethereal's gun drones. The other grey hunter pack fires at the broadside, killing one of it's shield drones and scoring a wound on the suit. The bloodclaws manage to get a 3 man crisis suit squad as well as a 3 man fire warrior team remnant in the same assault, kill everything horrifically, etc, etc. The dreadnaughts each assault a fire warrior squad, one killine 1 fire warrior, 1 killing 3, both teams losing combat, losing the sweeping advance, and dying horrifically.

Turn 2, Him: A crisis suit with twin linked fusion guns comes in from reserve, right behind the land raider. His ethereal's remaining body guards shoot at a grey hunter pack, kill a single bolter wielding grey hunter. His broadside hits a dreadnaught with it's railgun, immobilizes it. The new arrival crisis suit misses both shots with the fusion gun at the land raider.

He concedes, with a rather small handful of models left on the board and completely encircled.

Total casualties: 1 grey hunter.

For the wolftime!

As everyone has been saying it's illegal, first and foremost there's a 0-1 limit. Next we're no longer allowed to take an elite dread and convert to a ven. dread to have two on the field (note this would be 1 HQ and 1 elite anyways if he was doing this, he'd still need a 2nd HQ).

Either way he could have easily made it a normal dread for a lot less and possibly have gotten wolf scouts if he moved some points around.

Nice win. :lol:

Nice win:) If the guy really wanted to be smart he should prolly have let his ethereal die so that his guys now get preferred enemy and could maybe put up a little more of a struggle in CC. Either way, a sound whooping, and another example of how pod wolves with absolutely decimate Tau.

Archived