Space wolf vinnies

spectre312

New SW played here :wacko:

when you pay for the missile launcher, do they keep the 3 attacks in melee? I was thinking of building a wild firebase of iron priest, 4 pw thralls, 2 vindicators, and a venerable dread multi melta as hq, and another dread with las/missle.

Does our iron priest use the same rules as a tech priest? 4 thralls makes repair roles have an automatic +4?

but that leaves me with only thralls and an iron priest for close in defence against things like bikes, deepstriking, flanking.....

You keep the attacks, you lose Str 10 and Ignores armor. And despite what some have said I cant find a single rule anywhere in the codex that implies that we can repair anything on any roll... servo arm just gives a single power fist attack.

It is in italics which means to look to C:SM and since there is no more servo-arm it does nothing. :lol:

In the Summary in the back (useless) it shows that it "used" to provide power fist attacks as well as repairing imobilised rolls on a 6+. It doesn't do anything anymore... or am I missing something?

Well, tech priests with a servo -used- to repair things on a roll of 6 plus, and grant a power fist attack. and then any servitors made the roll get a +1....Man, i almost feel like iron priests are wasteful. ;) I had such a nice firebase to support my assault teams too *cries* Well, guess I can just toss in a whirlwind or another vindicator since the priest won't do me any good.

The codex says that italics mean to look in C:SM for the full explanation. If there's no explanation in C:SM, then only the explanation in C:SW applies. The explanation in the summary is now the only reference for SW power fist at 4+ and repair vehicle are the only things we get. The thralls don't help repair.

Yeah, you have to remember, SW's can never purchase, as of this moment, servitors. Our little brainless drones are called thralls, and they dont do a damn thing besides be about as good as a guardsman in CC and provide ablative wounds.

i just looked over all of this, as i am converting my self an Iron priest on a redeemed Juggernaut of khorne (SM Bike). The servo arm clearly says to see C:SM, and in C:SM it is only an option for a servitor, (the only reason Thech marines can repair at all is they have the special rule in their entry) because our dex is so old it no longer applies to us. (unless they FAQ it) but the Servo arm is still given rules for in the new Dex, and weather or not we like it those are the rules we are supposed to use, so until we get a new dex, or an updated FAQ, we will not be able to repair anything. now if you are playing in a friendly environment, or know the people at the store/center at which you play you may be inclined to talk to them about letting you use the rules in our summery page as it was intended to be used, if not we are stuck on the RAW.

Page 100 C:SM under the heading "Other Equipment" Servo Arm see page 71

Page 71 C:SM under the Heading "wargear" on the Techmarine entry Servo Arm.

-Bjorn

There is nothing in the rules that says that just because the wargear is listed on the techmarine's page that it isn't availible to the Iron Priest. Plus one is directed to that listing from the wargear section of C:SW.

The SW codex has the servo arm listed in Italics (which is explained as a see SM codex item).There is no listing in SW wargear section for it. The Summery is a non issue because it clearly states in the Armory section that the summary is used for referance and that one should see the C:SM where applicable.

The war gear section of SM codex on page 100 says: for servo arm description, See techmarine entry on page 71

on page 71 of the C:SM there is a description of the wargear Servo Arm. it says that techmarines and servitors are equiped with servo arms inorder to make battlefield repairs ( i believe this is fluff and doesn't grant the blessing of Omnisiha rule although I believe a FAQ should give us that in the future) then it gives the stast for the weapon and how it's used.

There is nothing in the rules that says that just because the wargear is listed on the techmarine's page that it isn't availible to the Iron Priest. Plus one is directed to that listing from the wargear section of C:SW.

The SW codex has the servo arm listed in Italics (which is explained as a see SM codex item).There is no listing in SW wargear section for it. The Summery is a non issue because it clearly states in the Armory section that the summary is used for referance and that one should see the C:SM where applicable.

The war gear section of SM codex on page 100 says: for servo arm description, See techmarine entry on page 71

on page 71 of the C:SM there is a description of the wargear Servo Arm. it says that techmarines and servitors are equiped with servo arms inorder to make battlefield repairs ( i believe this is fluff and doesn't grant the blessing of Omnisiha rule although I believe a FAQ should give us that in the future) then it gives the stast for the weapon and how it's used.

Where are you getting any of this?

I can't find anything that you've talked about, both the servo-arm not being in italics (on page 14 it clearly is in italics and there it counts), and the part where it says for a servo arm in C:SM. More accurate descriptions would be helpful thanks. :huh:

Rooster has it right....page 71 of the Space Marine Codex gives the rules for a Servo-arm and Servo-harness (the second of which we cannot use). It does talk about repairs but that is another rule that isn't given to Servo-arms/harnesses.

Basically Servo-arms give an extra attack with its own stats, but does not give repairs to anything. (As Rooster said, it hopefully should be different with a FAQ or at least our next Codex)

There is a servo arm entry in the tech marine entry.... one moment. Above the picture of the techmarine on page 71. Under the heading WARGEAR. It states that techmarines and servitors often have them... blah blah blah.... iniative one, strength 8, ignroing armor saves.

Sounds like a powerfist, but they dont call it one. Most of the time its the same difference, against anything thats not affected by the doubling of strength, its better.

There is a servo arm entry in the tech marine entry.... one moment. Above the picture of the techmarine on page 71. Under the heading WARGEAR. It states that techmarines and servitors often have them... blah blah blah.... iniative one, strength 8, ignroing armor saves.

Sounds like a powerfist, but they dont call it one. Most of the time its the same difference, against anything thats not affected by the doubling of strength, its better.

Wow I need my codex back, well it still doesn't repair anything does it? otherwise I might just have to start using one again.

Yeah... it sucks, alot. I asked you about it a while back Wolf... you said you knew a rule somewhere that let us... I think this was a 4rth ed codex you remembered now?

Yes I do recall, I believe it was because I was looking at the reference sheet in the back of the SW codex because this was the time when everyone was saying we use the reference sheet and some crap for our weapons so I was saying "ok, then we get our fang of morkai, wolf totem, non-overheating plasma guns, and a repairing servo arm".

Archived