Alternative Sisters

Sceleris

I used to run a LatD list from the old EoT codex. As that is now no longer tournie legal (and even in friendly games the switchover from C:CSM 3.5 to the new edition is a little bit tricky) I now run a traitor guard army. The traitors are now run of the mill IG, mutants as conscripts and big mutants as orgyn.

It doesn’t however really have a lot of “fun” stuff in it, hence resorting to the inquisition to find suitable “count as” and stand-in models.

I’ve got a DH Inq Lord with a retinue made up of various necromunda figures, very old WHFB chaos monks and various other bits and pieces. He brings along 3 DCAs (converted metal daemonettes) and two squads of stormtroopers (using the FW renegade milita).

From the WH side I’ve got a priest, a unit of repentia with the superior being represented by an old WHFB slaanesh champion (the snake bodied one which had six arms) and I’m looking to add some “sisters” to the list.

Having had a browse round the various models the majority of the female models don’t really work – witch-elves, wychs and the mordhiem sisters of sigma are all under armoured and it’s tricky to convert to simply bolters.

I’m planning on using converted dark elf crossbowmen. 1 in 4 of the bodies is female, they have decent armour and it seems elatively easy to switch the xbows for bolters.

Has anyone else tried anything similar?

Has anyone else tried anything similar?
I seem to recall that Docter Thunder produced some odd looking figures to represent heavily armoured women that he refers to as 'Female Marines'. I think there's some stuff on it archived over in PC&A. I vaguely recall that he too used dark elf parts for some of it.

I have to agree with Melissia. Even the novels and fan-fiction seems to make way too many corrupt Sisters. The whole driving force behind Sisters is that they are so devout, that they will die before giving up their faith. Heck, some Sisters punish themselves for such tiny or unimportant transgressions. As to the unit of LatD, that are using Sister's rules, I could see the statline being used, but how would you justify the use of faith? I highly doubt the same powers would be freely given at all by the chaos gods.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm really looking to find some models that use the rules for sisters rather than actually having SoB's that have turned to chaos.

Given that they will only be, at max, two units there is not a great deal of faith floating around. As for being "vastly overpriced" without faith they are only a point more than the stormtroopers I'm also using.

Archived