Web Exclusive Sarge (or £50 of mini!)

Pig Of Sparta

I had a really nice surprise when I was at work today, (bear with me here..) my girlfriend phoned and told me my birthday presents had arrived from GW. When I was picking them I asked her if it was ok to make up the order to enough to get the free sergeant model from direct, amazing as she is, she agreed, so I was chuffed to bits to find that even though my birthday is still a couple of weeks away, I've got a cool mini to play with in the mean time :huh:

I'm currently thinking that I can do three things with this model, which are as follows:

1) paint it up as a nice stand alone mini

2) paint it up and use him as a sarge in a tactical squad

3)change him a bit and turn him into my sternguard sergeant

I'm favouring c at the moment and hopefully these pics'll show you why:

first theres the stock mini 'I'm not entirely looking where I'm shooting' poser

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/randomfire.jpg

or

"Wait till I give the signal to let loose the emperor's vengeance brothers"

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/fire.jpg

let me know what you think brothers.... as always, all opinions are welcome

James

I second elijah,

Definitely the second pose - it strikes me as a Vet Sarge watching the ebb and flow of battle, raising his arm in silence, timing the assault of his men with exacting expertise before very moderately saying into his vox "....now."

Or alternatively "At my signal, unleash hell!"

Either way that second pose = win. (IMHO)

MR.

Thanks guys, keep an eye on this thread I might just get round to painting him! Btw Mazer Rackham your signature quote is hilarious!

Vaguely OT: Thanks, but can't take the credit - it's all Templar 14, he made it what it is...! ;)

OT: Looking forward to seeing this all done - I don't recall which chapter you're going to paint his up as?

MR.

OT: Looking forward to seeing this all done - I don't recall which chapter you're going to paint his up as?

MR.

He'll be my DIY chapter the Knights Vermilion colours, which is to say dark red with white trim and white shoulder guard insets. If you do a searchy on Knights Vermilion, my captain should pop up, he shows the colours nicely :tu:

Thanks to everyone else, seems pose two got more votes than pose one, which is great, cause i like the second one best too!

cheers guys

James

Archived