dark angel test

darkwrath

Here's a test model for what was a Dark Angel army (they're now the Fire Hammers, not entirely sure why) crits are welcome.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq132/DarkWrath_photos/darkangel_01.jpg

It took a while but it's starting to grow on me. I like the bolter very much. The dry-brushed armour would be a lot better if you, for example, picked out the rim of the right shoulder pad with a contrasting colour. Right now the miniature is too uniform. Keep this as a base, and then detail work the backpack, the neck, and the armour joints.

--Me

I personally dont feel that any additional highlights are required, there is some iompressive blending done there, subtle as it is, and highlights would ruin the overall effect.

Nice model.

cheers for the comments guys!

Kravi - i'm slowly changing my DA army to Fire Hammers which use the same green but with red helmets and red shoulder details, over the weekend i picked out the right shoulder pad edge in red on this guy (i'll take a photo tonight and post it tomorrow).

only problem i have is what colour to do the lenses on the helmet? any suggestions?

Alys Dwr - start off with chaos black then go over with dark flesh (or a darkish grey can look good if you don't want a dirty/rusty look) leaving some of the black at the edges then use goblin green or Dark Angel green with loads of bad moon yellow in it to highlight the parts of the scratch where the light should hit it. the dark flesh version looks really good if you use it on red armour.

Archived