13th company back on the fang?

Blackmane

A friend of mine and I intend to start a 13th company army for the new SW codex.

I've done a little brainstorming and this is what I've come up with so far;

-Keep the 'old' grey colour

-Keep the Chaos armour parts but paint them grey and bless them with a rune against daemonic possesion

-Of course as old armour variants as possible

-relativelly high level of dreadnought support as they are as old as the 13th and therefore understand each other in a different way

Now I would like to be bombarded with ideas to make a perfekt 13th company army

thanks in advance

-Frizze

A friend of mine and I intend to start a 13th company army for the new SW codex.

I've done a little brainstorming and this is what I've come up with so far;

-Keep the 'old' grey colour

-Keep the Chaos armour parts but paint them grey and bless them with a rune against daemonic possesion

-Of course as old armour variants as possible

-relativelly high level of dreadnought support as they are as old as the 13th and therefore understand each other in a different way

Now I would like to be bombarded with ideas to make a perfekt 13th company army

thanks in advance

-Frizze

Not sure what's being asked here... for the most part the new dex won't be out for at least another year, and we don't know if 13th company will be included and what rules are given. If you want to start a 13th company then just pick up the eye of terror codex and start playing. :D

Dreadnoughts go against what the 13th company can and cannot have, no vehicles, armor of any type, even TDA is sparse. Just go with lots of troops and wolves.

As for modeling, I use the old grey color scheme (just like in the eye of terror codex), use bits from the bezerkers' boxes to get running poses and other chaos bits in there. Just be sure to cut off any of the iconography.

For my 13th co, I mixed up the chaos and non chaos parts equally on most models. The specified boxes of storm claws and grey slayers come w/ a few sprues of each.

I gave them all a little battle damage and wear. As for chaos iconography/horns/etc, I tried to make it look like pieces had been broken or torn off. The ones that would be harder to remove (such as shoulder pad icons) got a purity seal as well.

Aye...

I know that it's unsure if 13th company will be in the 'dex but there's nothing preventing us from doing a 'count as' army using the list :-)

Concerning the dreadnoughts I was thinking that the old ones would be very eagerfight alongside them as they can recall the warriors of the 13th from back when they were alive themselves

But the bit with the unscrewed Chaos icons on the shoulders sounds very usefull :-)

and no dex for a year????

-Frizze

Archived